Question on reversing insulin resistance and fasting more...

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Question on reversing insulin resistance and fasting more...

Post by drae »

Tincup wrote:
drae wrote: I am not on diabetes meds at all. Even this last week when I went off my tracks and didn't walk for four days, my average blood glucose readings for the day were 115-135 and I stayed in ketosis daily averages 1.0-2.1. Since I got my ketomojo (March 3) I have not had a reading lower than .7 or higher than 2.6.
If you convert an average serum glucose of 115 mg/dL to A1c is is around 5.6, 135 would be around 6.6.

As i recall, when you started here, your A1C was in the 9's or 10's. So you've made HUGE progress.

Jason Fung says he "cures" people of T2 diabetes. He's taken a lot of flak for this. His definition of "cure" is normal blood sugars without meds. This does NOT mean these people can go back to the lifestyle that got them into trouble and be fine.

You have certainly achieved a lot in a short period of time!!!!

You are a poster child for what can be achieved! It is sad that the standard of care does not recommend this instead they tell people this is a progressive disease.

KEEP IT UP!!!

Thanks for the words of support for Drae, Grace!
Thanks, tincup! You have always given me much encouragement and you also know about these things in ways that I can learn a lot from in just a few sentences. This is so helpful when I am spending my days chasing the "doing" more than studying and researching endlessly (a former lifestyle).

I read in Dr. Bredesen's book today, four words, " when insulin sensitivity restored." Those express a major goal. I am delighted to get a glimpse of what my next a1c is going to look like. This really is working!

Even the fact that I remembered where I read those words and was able to go back to that page, is new. The scary cognitive symptoms that brought me here are lessening almost as quickly as the meter readings are dropping. I am learning what to do and then learning to relax and trust my body.

You are part of that inspiration I am finding so critical. The last 10 days have been a challenge, but today I did a 3 mile hike in a state park which included up and down 135 steps. Progress.

Good on ya!

Drae
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.