Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
rjkmhk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by rjkmhk »

Laurie: On another forum that I am on, has a member that mixes one drop of Hubner's colloidal silica in water and drinks it...if she’s using filtered water, what would be the difference between this method and your husbands method? Thanks!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

rjkmhk wrote:Laurie: On another forum that I am on, has a member that mixes one drop of Hubner's colloidal silica in water and drinks it...if she’s using filtered water, what would be the difference between this method and your husbands method? Thanks!
Thanks for your question. No this method is not effective for removing aluminum from your body and here is why. It is OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the absorbable/bioavailable form of silica which is effective at removing aluminum from your body. Silica rich mineral water is the only source that has enough OSA to remove aluminum. There is research which has looked at how much aluminum is excreted when drinking silica rich mineral water. You need a minimum of 48 ppm of OSA in the water for aluminum excretion. Both Professor Exley at Keele University and Dr. Dennis N Crouse (chemist) have tested the types of silica supplements commercially available for their OSA. Here is the test results from Dr. Crouse. As you can see from this table, silica rich mineral water has 10 -14 mg per dose of OSA, silica drops have .15 mg of OSA per dose and Diatomaceous Earth has .07 mg of OSA per dose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
jenniferthequeen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jenniferthequeen »

Hey Laurie - Thank you so much for the faux Fiji water recipe. Besides the cost savings, which are HUGE, knowing that I am no longer using all that plastic provides peace of mind.

I do have a question about pH. Where should my water register when I am done? I am getting 6.5-7.0 readings. Is that acceptable for drinking?

Thanks again for providing this information. It’s very helpful. - Jen
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

6.5 to 8.5 pH is the range recommended for drinking water. So you are within the range. The question is how it tastes to you. I like my water on the acidic side so I’d like your water. You can add a little more sodium bicarbonate if you want to increase the pH. Fiji is around 7.6 pH.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Fiji water - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by laurie »

Red Tara wrote:Hi Laurie,

Thank you for sharing the story about your mother in laws reversal. very inspiring.
I was wondering what OSA stands for?

Em
3/4
Sorry for the delay in answering, somehow I missed this post. Yes my mother in laws story is inspiring. OSA is orthosilicic acid which is the bioavailable form of silica. OSA is found in mineral water.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

I have set up an informational facebook group, called Alzheimer's: Late and Early Onset I have provided the link and a description.

Here is an update on my mother in law. She continues to live in her own home and is in good health. She continues to manage daily living tasks and household tasks with minimal assistance. The family would love to see her getting more help with cleaning the house and other chores but she doesn't want the help. So far she has made it through the pandemic. I am so thankful that my husband found ways to help her so she wasn't in a nursing home during this pandemic.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/509038829797535/

Here is a description of the group.

This group is for those who want to learn more about how drinking silica water can prevent Alzheimer's disease and improve cognition in people with Alzheimer’s (Late and Early Onset). Research has shown that drinking silica rich mineral water improves cognition in some people with Alzheimer’s in just 12 weeks. Epidemiology studies also found that drinking water rich in silica can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.

A cause needs to be known before you can find a treatment or a way to prevent a disease. The amyloid hypothesis is that AD is caused by beta-amyloid a neurotoxic peptide. Over the last 20 years this hypothesis has been tested by pharmaceutical companies developing drugs for removal of beta-amyloid from the brain. These drugs were predicted to provide at least palliative relief for those suffering from AD. Unfortunately all of these efforts have so far failed casting doubt upon the amyloid hypothesis.

The aluminum hypothesis is that AD is caused by aluminum a neurotoxic metal ion. Over the last 40 years research has continued providing more and more data in support of aluminum being a causal factor of AD and silica water being a healing factor by facilitating the elimination of aluminum.

How is aluminum related to ApoE -4? Those who have the ApoE 4 or 4/4 gene have higher concentrations of beta amyloid oligomers that react with aluminum forming a toxic complex that kills neurons. This complex is 10 times more toxic than beta amyloid and amyloid plaque.

I am the administrator of this group and my mother-in-law has Alzheimer's. My husband Dennis N Crouse who is a scientist began researching ways to help her 7 years ago. The progression of the her Alzheimer's has stopped and her cognition has improved. This was achieved by both drinking silica water, eliminating sources of aluminum in her diet and taking supplements all of which are either essential or needed by the body.

Dennis has written 2 books (there are facebook pages for both books). We also have a you tube channel, a blog, and a website.

The group will provide you with information about how lifestyle choices and supplements can improve your brain health. These recommendations are all based on research.

This group will provide an opportunity for members to share anecdotal information on observed changes in cognitive functioning while drinking silica water on a regular basis.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

laurie wrote:Dennis has written 2 books
Thanks laurie! After reading the first book, was motivated to replace our coffee maker with one without aluminum in it. Bought the stuff to make "silicade" but never acted on that. After reading book two, am now motivated to do so.
Tincup
E3,E4
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

MarcR wrote:Laurie, what does Dennis think of monomethylsilanetriol as a silica source? It's expensive relative to the home chemistry recipe, but it's way more convenient. Here's a source for the Orgono product, and here are some relevant references:
The Orgono product you posted is MMST.

Here is an excerpt from my husbands book.

"In Europe a company, Silicium Laboratories, is promoting a non-natural silica as a supplement called monomethyl silanetriol (MMST). MMST in water is absorbed by the gut and made 64% bioavailable when dissolved in alcohol free beer469. There is no data showing that MMST facilitates elimination of aluminum from the body. In addition, the lack of toxicity data on MMST makes it impossible to recommend MMST at the present time491.

469. Sripanyakorn, S., et al.; The comparative absorption of silicon from different foods and food supplements; Br. J. Nutr.; Sept.; 102(6):825-34 (2009)
491. European Food Safety Authority; EFSA J.; 950:1-12 (2009)

The additional study you posted (the first one) also only looked at short term safety.

Laurie
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Tincup wrote:
laurie wrote:Dennis has written 2 books
Thanks laurie! After reading the first book, was motivated to replace our coffee maker with one without aluminum in it. Bought the stuff to make "silicade" but never acted on that. After reading book two, am now motivated to do so.
Hi Tincup,

We haven't 'talked' in a while. I hope things are going well for you. Remember it only takes 15 minutes to make Silicade. I think the 2nd book will convince you to make the Silicade. There are many health benefits of drinking silica water in addition to lowering your body burden of aluminum: longevity and reduced rates of some cancers. Some of this information is on the facebook page for the book. Silica Water the Secret to Healthy Blue Zone Longevity in the Aluminum Age. (Dennis N Crouse)
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse