Early detection and possible approach to preventative treatment

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Early detection and possible approach to preventative treatment

Post by CoachDD »

Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
ncjlhp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ncjlhp »

From Promethease: there is an snp that apparently influences the cancer risk decreasing effect of baby aspirin on colorectal cancer. Since I also have colorectal cancer in my family history, I started taking 81mg of aspirin a day. After 6 months, I have developed serious tinnitus, which is making me nuts. I am giving it up and would gladly try ibuprofen if it would prevent both AD and colorectal cancer in one swipe, since it is most likely the anti-inflammatory effect for both the drugs. I know this is too good/easy to be true but it is so hard not to my hopes up for an easy out!
maddanwill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by maddanwill »

I don't know why I had it in my head that NSAIDs were bad for Apoe4's? I play tennis and have had more than one doc suggest use of ibuprofen to reduce inflammation in a knee or ankle. I told them I couldn't take it because it was bad for my brain. Where did I get that?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

maddanwill wrote:I don't know why I had it in my head that NSAIDs were bad for Apoe4's? I play tennis and have had more than one doc suggest use of ibuprofen to reduce inflammation in a knee or ankle. I told them I couldn't take it because it was bad for my brain. Where did I get that?
I wonder if you had them mixed up with anticholinergics, which include common medicines and some herbs too that reduce acetylcholine and are particularly risky in the elderly. Here's the first list of anticholinergics and their effects that came up when I searched for one. I've always been very sensitive to anticholinergics. I wonder if acetylcholine is reduced in E4 subjects even from earlier ages, making these drugs harder for many E4s to handle.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.