Cognitive Self Testing

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ShepR
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cognitive Self Testing

Post by ShepR »

Dear CoachDD, You posted: (below)

I am unable to send a pm because the system says I have not made enough posts before. So I am hoping to connect with you by replying to this rather dated discussion, in which you posted a very interesting file. See below.

When I began my quest to get tests and an analysis to determine where we should look by priority as the source or cause of my wife's cognitive symptoms, I contacted Apollo. Maybe just me, but my warning radar went off because they would not tell me what tests I would get, and not much of anything else that was very specific. The subtext of what they were communicating to me seemed to be 'give us the fees, and then we will reveal what the deliverables are'. On the basis of our traded emails and 2 voice calls, I could not establish enough trust to do business with Apollo. But it stuck in my mind that maybe someday, we could.

That was in September, last year. Now just today I came upon your posted file, and the lights really came on for me. I remembered my Apollo conversations, and now with the file you posted, I could see their algorithm input. I think the 2 page form you posted and its questions, are the drivers of the Bredesen/Apollo algorithm.

Since last September, I have located a local Doctor's Group, and found a Doctor for my wife. Most but not all of the tests listed in his book have been done, with the exception of MRI with NeuroQuant, and the Cyrex panels, and CIRS panels.

My wife is now taking 25 supplements, and we have been on the keto/flex since last July, but I keep thinking I should have gotten the Apollo Recode Report. Your file has opened my eyes to why. It would have been so much simpler if they had just answered my questions. Sigh...

I would like to have a live conversation with you about the file, the doctor who gave it to you, and anything else you may recommend, if you could please contact me. Very thankful, ShepR

Postby CoachDD » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 am
Greetings everyone - I wasn't sure where to place this (and if it's beneficial, maybe it should be added to the wiki page?), so I'm sharing here.

I recently met with a Bredesen Protocol trained Naturopath (who I had worked with in the past). I found out that he was recently certified and he shared this intake sheet which allows him to gain insight on a patients' baseline - reviewing this may help some to determine if they should see a BP trained practitioner. I'd love others to pipe in with any feedback on this. . . and I apologize in advance if this is already in the "system" - admittedly, I haven't searched thoroughly through all of the materials and information in the forum.

Attachments

NEW.PATIENT.INPUT.SHEET.RECODE.pdf
(133.13 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academ
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

ShepR wrote:...
When I began my quest to get tests and an analysis to determine where we should look by priority as the source or cause of my wife's cognitive symptoms, I contacted Apollo...
Since last September, I have located a local Doctor's Group, and found a Doctor for my wife. Most but not all of the tests listed in his book have been done, with the exception of MRI with NeuroQuant, and the Cyrex panels, and CIRS panels.

My wife is now taking 25 supplements, and we have been on the keto/flex since last July, but I keep thinking I should have gotten the Apollo Recode Report. Your file has opened my eyes to why. It would have been so much simpler if they had just answered my questions. Sigh...
Very thankful, ShepR...
Welcome, ShepR!

Wishing you and your wife a Happy 4th of July in Boston, one of the cradles of democracy--and a place with devoted sports fans! You and your wife should both know that what you are doing is important and helpful. It's not simply because she is taking 25 supplements, seeing a doctor you trust and following a keto-flex diet. I have met wonderful people who are living and speaking out about the need to look at a diagnosis of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or Alzheimer's disease (AD) with the same honesty and determination to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose, often speaking to groups surprised at their diagnosis. I don't know if your wife has such a diagnosis, but I can tell you from talking with people who have lived with MCI for 6 years, or AD for 3 years, that they participate in meetings with activists and researchers and argue for recognizing that as individuals, they are far more than their "clinical signs" of cognitive changes.

Their views and their participation in programs like the Bredesen Protocol and in clinical trials is showing researchers that focusing on people in the early stages of cognitive changes may be as crucial as focusing on people in the early stages of heart disease. As a 68 year old with ApoE4/4 who had about a half-dozen MRIs as part of a clinical trial, it may be that the noise, uncomfortable position (your head is secured with a helmet-like device) and cost is not worth the information that you would gain from a NeuroQuant MRI. Even a finding of lowered brain volumes in some regions won't tell you if those have changed greatly in the last year, or 5 years or simply are what is "normal" for your wife.

I agree with you that AHNP: Apollo Health ought to just list what is in their test protocol! But with what you've done, it may not be necessary to have every test done--either because of long-standing normal values, or a focus on specific areas.

As for your request to speak with CoachDD, we don't generally have "live" conversations with others. Mostly that's because the forum was established by people who had "met" while researching the effects of ApoE 4 and believe in opening up our shared experiences and insights as much as possible.

I'll let one of our wonderful health coach interns officially "welcome" you, ShepR, and hope that you continue to find this site useful.
4/4 and still an optimist!
MicheleCC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MicheleCC »

ShepR wrote:Dear CoachDD, You posted: (below)

I am unable to send a pm because the system says I have not made enough posts before. So I am hoping to connect with you by replying to this rather dated discussion, in which you posted a very interesting file. See below...

I would like to have a live conversation with you about the file, the doctor who gave it to you, and anything else you may recommend, if you could please contact me. Very thankful, ShepR

Postby CoachDD » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 am
Greetings everyone - I wasn't sure where to place this (and if it's beneficial, maybe it should be added to the wiki page?), so I'm sharing here.

I recently met with a Bredesen Protocol trained Naturopath (who I had worked with in the past). I found out that he was recently certified and he shared this intake sheet which allows him to gain insight on a patients' baseline - reviewing this may help some to determine if they should see a BP trained practitioner. I'd love others to pipe in with any feedback on this. . . and I apologize in advance if this is already in the "system" - admittedly, I haven't searched thoroughly through all of the materials and information in the forum.

Attachments

NEW.PATIENT.INPUT.SHEET.RECODE.pdf
(133.13 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academ
Welcome to apoe4.info, ShepR!
To address your immediate concern for contacting CoachDD, I have forwarded your message to her by private message.

"How-to" get the most of the apoe4.info website
As a new user, I'd like to point you to a few areas of the website that may be useful to you. For starters you may find the "How-to" section on our Wiki helpful for learning how to use and navigate the site. This includes things like when to use the quotation mark button (located to the right of the post topic) when replying to a post. Posting a reply using the quotation mark button will alert the person whose post you are replying to that there is a response to their post, like I did here.

PRIMER: An introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies
Although you are not new to the cognitive function discussion, you may find our PRIMER a good place to learn more about the role of the apoe4 gene and its role in health and cognitive function.

As a caretaker of a person with cognitive concerns, you are in good company on the apoe4.info website. I hope you find the information you are looking for and are willing to share yours and your wife's experience of the journey along the way on the "Our Stories" thread. This is a great place to share, connect and support others.

I hope you're able to connect with CoachDD and get the information you're looking for. More importantly, I hope your wife gets the medical help and attention that makes a difference for her. Your commitment to your wife and perseverance in getting her the help she needs is touching and inspiring.
Warm regards,
MicheleCC
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Certified Nutrition Educator & Consultant
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition (NANP)
ShepR
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ShepR »

NF52 Wrote:
I agree with you that AHNP: Apollo Health ought to just list what is in their test protocol! But with what you've done, it may not be necessary to have every test done--either because of long-standing normal values, or a focus on specific areas.

As for your request to speak with CoachDD, we don't generally have "live" conversations with others. Mostly that's because the forum was established by people who had "met" while researching the effects of ApoE 4 and believe in opening up our shared experiences and insights as much as possible.

I'll let one of our wonderful health coach interns officially "welcome" you, ShepR, and hope that you continue to find this site useful.

Dear NF52, I don't yet know how to properly use this system, so I am cutting and pasting and I will read the materials soon so it will be correct for the forum.

I just wanted to thank you immediately for your supportive and thoughtful remarks.
ShepR
ShepR
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ShepR »

MichelleCC wrote:
Welcome to apoe4.info, ShepR!
To address your immediate concern for contacting CoachDD, I have forwarded your message to her by private message.

Dear MichelleCC, thanks for the generous gesture. And for the links. Much appreciated! ShepR
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

ShepR wrote: Dear NF52, I don't yet know how to properly use this system, so I am cutting and pasting and I will read the materials soon so it will be correct for the forum. ShepR
Hi ShepR. You can find useful info for using this website at How-To Get the Most out of the ApoE4.info website.
Meanwhile, one tip that will help you:
You probably received an email saying that I had replied to your post. It is important to know how to quote someone so that a notification goes to that person. It is simple. Just click the quotation marks in the upper lefthand corner of the post you wish to quote.
The entire post will show up; then you can edit it, as I have done with yours. I deleted everything except the sentence I am replying to.
If you use this system, then the person you are replying to will know you have responded. Otherwise it is pretty hit and miss.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Floridaman
New User
New User

Post by Floridaman »

98%, 0.945 seconds for me. I am feeling better now.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi ShepR, not sure if your information is old but Apollo Health openly shows all labs/test and provides a sample ReCODE report. Learn more here.
pberry
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pberry »

Does anyone know of a site or provider that offers the CNS Vital Signs test on an ad hoc basis for a reasonable fee? The company itself will only provide the software to a licensed healthcare provider.