If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

Super Immunity in General?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Super Immunity in General?

Postby mike » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:13 am

I'm 4/4 and seemed to get my share of illnesses. My Diabetes doctor many years ago told me to take a mega dose of Vitamin D3 once a week, and my illnesses seemed to go away. I've since switched to a lower daily dose, and now they seem to be back - I'm dealing with a cold that just won't go away...
Sonoma Mike
4/4

Anna
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Super Immunity in General?

Postby Anna » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Being 4/4 definitely has NOT provided me with super immunity. In fact, I sometimes wonder if it is the opposite -- more of a vulnerability gene. Although I was not a particularly sickly child, I've had far more than my share of immune system failures as an adult, including my current battle with reactivated Epstein Barr virus. I have to say, my tendency to catch colds, which used to be quite ridiculous, did get much better when I started maintaining optimal vitamin D levels. As for my relatives with at least one copy of e4 , I'd say half of them have terrific immunity, and half struggle more than they should.
~Anna
4/4 but so much more

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”