ReCODE and CBD oil

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

ReCODE and CBD oil

Post by SusanJ »

Here's an interesting one.
Cohen, who trained under Bredesen, recently founded the Colorado Dementia Prevention and Treatment Center with health coach Kym Hansler and nutritionist Martha Hammel. On May 30, the group will lead a panel discussion on how to use the ReCODE program and cannabis to help treat Alzheimer's, dementia and other degenerative neurological conditions; the presentation will also focus on how cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive and anti-inflammatory component of cannabis, can be used as an adjunct therapy for dementia.
http://www.westword.com/marijuana/strat ... s-10317293

Balfour is a senior living center in Denver.

Has anyone here gone to see Dr. Cohen?
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: ReCODE and CBD oil

Post by TheresaB »

This IS interesting. Will call and make a reservation to attend. Thank Susan.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

SusanJ wrote:
Has anyone here gone to see Dr. Cohen?
T & I will plan to go & make contact with Dr. Cohen. This is at 5 PM at their Louisville facility. From the article:
A 2015 research trial described in the journal Nature Medicine last year showed that THC began regenerating CB1 receptors in the brains of mice that were at least one year old (that's old for mice), which "in old individuals could be an effective strategy to treat age-related cognitive impairments,"
Maybe we need to start consuming THC now for "prevention." :lol:
Tincup
E3,E4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Tincup wrote: Maybe we need to start consuming THC now for "prevention." :lol:
And can do so legally in CO!
Slacker
E4/E4
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

I recently spent part of the day with the REMIND Program in N. Calfornia that was build on Dr. B’s work at Buck Institute. His administrative assistant there Denis Kalos, is the head of this new program that is primarily diet and lifestyle focused. I met a gentleman there who had TBI(traumatic brain injury) that felt the combination of CBC and THC has been very helpful to him.

Theresa- [waves} do take good notes on the Cannabis lecture or forward any information. Will be interesting to hear your take on this area.
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

I'm a bit confused, it is about CBD or THC, or both? We can get CBD oil here in UK...
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Orangeblossom: could well be both!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2408

But the evidence for a beneficial effect of THC is still very preliminary.

In other brain health circles people have settled on a 8:2 CBD:THC ratio. But this seems to be based largely, though not totally, on guesswork.

I would say that anything that is making you more than minimally intoxicated, everything else being equal (which it rarely is), would be risky. (By "risky" I mean risky, not bad: we don't know.)

Brian
ε4/ε4 (for now).
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

OK I see.Yes I noticed on the Alzheimer's UK charity site they mentioned about research also and they would be willing to look into funding it so it must be a promising area.

Just got some CBD oil in a mouth spray myself, think it may be relaxing but not sure yet, just had it a day now.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

I am researching CBD a bit now because it's popped up as an anti-inflammatory for RA. And I'm guessing I would tolerate it okay because I was known to have a little THC now and then in college - and yes, I did inhale (a little joke for my American colleagues). :lol:
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I love CBD oil. I think generally speaking it may be good for middle-aged women like me who are over-anxious and too full of worry and have suffered more than their share of traumatic stress. But I'm just projecting. I feel like it restores some balance in my mind that I either never had or lost to life's stresses long ago. I ran out and am waiting for a new bottle and the world has gone back to greyscale, not bad, just greyscale, depersonalized, cerebral, much less embodied. It seems that when recycling picked up the little bottle it took me away with it. Off to check the arrival date of the next supply ... and not inclined to read much about it 'cause everything has a downside and I just feeeeeeeeel like this is right. Whatever the other side of the coin might be, not taking it means more anxiety and increased risk of AD from that too.
SusanJ wrote: I am researching CBD a bit now because it's popped up as an anti-inflammatory for RA.
If you haven't seen it Susan, look for the recent interesting study on cinnamon and RA.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.