Electrolytes

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Electrolytes

Post by Orangeblossom »

Can anyone help with a good supplement for electrolytes please, (sodium potassium magnesium) I think Circular may have mentioned a Solgar supplement but can't find the post...Thanks ;)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Electrolytes

Post by circular »

I use Solgar Potassium Magnesium Aspartate, 3x/day.

The best one for you may depend on your symptoms and reasons for taking? I take mine for muscle cramps. There's something called Salt Sticks I think a lot of athletes use. Lots of other options on that page too.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Orangeblossom wrote:Can anyone help with a good supplement for electrolytes please, (sodium potassium magnesium) I think Circular may have mentioned a Solgar supplement but can't find the post
Why do you think you need an electrolyte supplement, Orange?
Slacker
E4/E4
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

circular wrote:I use Solgar Potassium Magnesium Aspartate, 3x/day.

The best one for you may depend on your symptoms and reasons for taking? I take mine for muscle cramps. There's something called Salt Sticks I think a lot of athletes use. Lots of other options on that page too.
Thanks! I'll have a look and see..
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

slacker wrote:
Orangeblossom wrote:Can anyone help with a good supplement for electrolytes please, (sodium potassium magnesium) I think Circular may have mentioned a Solgar supplement but can't find the post
Good point. Well, I thought it was due to low carb (having palpitations- which I have had checked out by the doc) and struggling to get enough in diet. It could be slightly low blood pressure though.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Orangeblossom wrote:
slacker wrote:
Good point. Well, I thought it was due to low carb (having palpitations- which I have had checked out by the doc) and struggling to get enough in diet. It could be slightly low blood pressure though.

However I'm not sure now it wasn't due to withdrawal from prozac, as it has stopped since taking one yesterday. So it may be that.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

My go to combo is Redmond Real Salt, Lo-Salt, and chelated / chelated Magnesium. Usually the salt in the morning, lots of salt with a little bit of lo-salt on food, then Mg at night. If you're really running low, a small blip of insulin / carbs seem to do the trick particularly well.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

apod wrote:My go to combo is Redmond Real Salt, Lo-Salt, and chelated / chelated Magnesium. Usually the salt in the morning, lots of salt with a little bit of lo-salt on food, then Mg at night. If you're really running low, a small blip of insulin / carbs seem to do the trick particularly well.
Thanks Apod, yes I have the lo salt. Another idea is epsom salts in the bath for magnesium. Nice with essential oil like lavender.