EPA and DHA Questions

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: EPA and DHA Questions

Post by circular »

Sorry I know much less, actually nothing, about ApoB. I think others here could comment on that. You might search the forums too since it's come up before.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: EPA and DHA Questions

Post by Stavia »

Rainbow wrote:
What many of us think is more important than LDL-C is whether the LDL is oxidized. A simple measure of that is triglycerides:HDL. You can also directly measure OX-LDL and sdLDL and I think Lp(a) for other angles into this. All the omegas are easily oxidized so we try to eat a high antioxidant diet. We need the DHA for cell membranes in our brain. It seems the amounts are really yet to be understood and may vary by individual.
Thanks, this is useful to know, especially since I'm planning to get my lipids tested over the next two weeks. I just finished listening to Peter Attia's interview with Ron Krauss, and what you're saying about LDL makes a lot of sense in the context of their discussion. What about apoB tests?
ApoB is a direct measure of the number of LDL particles per unit volume in the blood. Each LDL has one ApoB molecule on it. It roughly correlates to LDL-p which measures particle number as well but by a completely different method called NMR. The margin of error in each test makes direct conversion not completely accurate.
In my country for instance we dont have NMR so we use apoB.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: EPA and DHA Questions

Post by Rainbow »

Ah I see. Thanks Stavia! :)
4/4