LIOTHYRONINE AND FBG

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

LIOTHYRONINE AND FBG

Post by roxanne »

I have noticed that my fbg is higher than it used to be a month ago. My readings have been 99, 102, 110, 107. Normal readings for me are 88-93. I am blaming it on the T3 I started taking a couple of months ago, but it could be a number of things.

I fast 12-15 hrs. My activity level is high with 4 days a week of 3 hr training, running, weights, the rest of the week is yoga, hiit.

My workdays are very long. 15 hr days 2 days and 10 hr days 2 days.

Fasting insulin is 3 and AIC 5.4.

I was thinking maybe I should increase my calories especially on workout days, or maybe it's the glucose strips. I will order new ones soon.

In the meantime, any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your responses....
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: LIOTHYRONINE AND FBG

Post by TheresaB »

I wonder if it is Physiological Insulin Resistance, which is now being referred to as Adaptive Glucose Sparing. This occurs when glucose is "spared" for the brain, it's not really insulin resistance and it is nothing to be concerned about.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Re: LIOTHYRONINE AND FBG

Post by roxanne »

I was wondering about that too, it is just distressing to see those numbers, is it really OK and isn't it the same mechanism as real IR ? Maybe the real benefit is lower insulin despite the higher blood glucose? In any event I like better the term Glucose Sparing than PIR.