Diet

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
rniam1995
Contributor
Contributor

Diet

Post by rniam1995 »

Hi...I'm new to the group. I have the e4/e4 allele. I have read "The End Of Alzheimer's " book. I have been on an elimination diet for a month now, per the recommendation of my functional Medicine PA. No dairy, gluten, soy and corn. Mostly no processed sugars. My question is how much should I be eating?

I fast, almost everyday, for 16 hours. I am not hungry but I'm not sure I'm eating enough. I've lost about 10 pounds since starting this process. I'm 5"6', 135#. My goal wasn't about losing weight, just getting on track with foods that will hopefully keep AD at bay.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Diet

Post by Sara »

Hi rniam1995 and welcome to the apoe4.info site! You have accomplished quite a bit in a short period of time. Kudos for getting started on the elimination diet. You mention that you are working with a Functional Medicine PA... may I suggest you contact this person and advise them of your weight loss and get a caloric recommendation. Many of our members use Chronometer to track their daily caloric intake and also to measure their fat/carb/protein intake. Their is a tremendous amount of nutritional information on this site and in particular please see our Primer.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
rniam1995
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Diet

Post by rniam1995 »

Sara wrote:Hi rniam1995 and welcome to the apoe4.info site! You have accomplished quite a bit in a short period of time. Kudos for getting started on the elimination diet. You mention that you are working with a Functional Medicine PA... may I suggest you contact this person and advise them of your weight loss and get a caloric recommendation. Many of our members use Chronometer to track their daily caloric intake and also to measure their fat/carb/protein intake. Their is a tremendous amount of nutritional information on this site and in particular please see our Primer.
Thank you! I will do that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk