Sinusitis, Biofilms and Biocidin

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Hboroughs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sinusitis, Biofilms and Biocidin

Post by Hboroughs »

NAC is reported to work well on UTI biofilms, I wonder if it might be the same for sinus bacteria? There is a website called stoputiforever.com that is a grass-roots resource of extremely high quality, much like this one. NAC and other biofilm disruptors are discussed there.
NotGiven
New User
New User

Post by NotGiven »

Hello people!
I was recently searching for microbiome interventions for sinusitis and I've found this guy (and others; see comments) who had a great success with kimchy (with Lactobacillus sakei).

See here if interested: https://lactobacto.com/tag/sinus-microbiome/

Cheers,
Dan
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Daymoo »

First you maybe wondering why I did not get a MarCons test. I am getting ready to go on a trip and I needed answers quickly so I did a DNA sequencing test via https://microgendx.com which seems very closely related to MarCons and gave me a prelim report in 24 hrs and final report 72 hrs. MarCons testing takes much longer.
Results shows- drum roll: + fungi 63% Pithomyces chartarum; 20% Malassezia restricts and 8% of another.( I’m not sure if these are pathogenic). It also showed staph epidermidis 73%, corynebacterium 23% and staph Pasteuri 2%. All these bacteria are part of normal flora and not pathogenic. I have + Resistant bacterial strains for Methicillin and Aminoglycoside. So I’m thinking this may qualify me for Marcons +. Ie 2 Antibiotics resistant + fungi present. When talking with an ENT doctor, she said fungi is everywhere and tossed the DNA results aside and ordered Allergy testing and CT scan of my sinuses. She suspects more of an allergic condition. That might be a factor, although I’ve not had allergic sx that I know of. But I have had these nagging sinus infections for last 12 years that occur mostly in spring and fall, a time when there is a lot of stuff and fluff floating around in the air.
I’d like to get tested for Major Basic Protein and also interested in getting a Melanocyte Stim. Hormone test (MSH) this is usually low with +Marcons.
Here’s an article showing MBP is related to fungal sinusitis. Doesn’t look like lab Corp does these tests.

In 1999, a widely publicized Mayo clinic study demonstrated that 96% of patients with chronic sinusitis have fungal elements in the sinus mucous, and proposed that most cases of chronic sinusitis were caused by the release of major basic protein from the eosinophilic white blood cells, damaging the sinus tissue while trying to eradicate the fungus.  Subsequent studies failed to replicate the initial Mayo clinic findings and later proved that almost all sinuses – healthy or not – have traces of fungi. Interesting that sounds familiar to the amyloid beta story development.

Most commonly caused by the fungus Candida albicans, yeast infections can be red, itchy and painful. In healthy individuals, yeast infections occur during treatment with antibiotics and steroids.  The truth is, our bodies are never sterile. For example, our digestive tract normally holds about 2 to 5 pounds of normal bacteria, which we need to break down the food we eat.  Even in the healthy nose, there is a balanced ecosystem of harmless bacteria and fungi, called a microbiome.  Unfortunately, antibiotics kill both commensal bacteria (healthy ones) and pathogenic bacteria (those that cause disease). However, fungi are not sensitive to the antibiotics that kill bacteria, and can quickly multiply in the absence of competition. When antibiotics are taken by mouth, a yeast infection can occur ...forward with new directions.

Thanks for this thread, everyone. Sinus and throat infections are my biggest drain.

Some questions:

1. The DNA test seems much more comprehensive than a MarCons test. Why would anyone do just MarCons?

2. What do you all do to keep fungus down after taking antibiotics (I have done probiotics, Saccaromyces, SF 722 and occasionally Diflucan, but feel it’s time to do something different.)

3. Do any of these treatments work if you have an infection that shows up on a CT scan? (mine is in the maxillary sinus right over a suspected cavitation.)

4. My new FM doc is proposing multiple ozone shots between my third and second molars, way up high into the gum, in addition to nebulizing with silver 5 times a day. The silver sounds good, but I’m dubious about the ozone. How can ozone cross the bone into the sinus area? Any thoughts?

5. Have any of you had problems with your ears suctioning closed and popping open when you sleep on them while you have sinus trouble? I’ve had two ENTs tell me it’s not a problem with my eustachcian tubes, so I’m working instead on TMJD, but this symptom seems to get worse when I have a worse sinus infection.

Lots of questions —any input welcome.
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman