Article about BrainHQ and sites like it has me wondering if subscription is worth it.

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
justlurking
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Article about BrainHQ and sites like it has me wondering if subscription is worth it.

Post by justlurking »

Aha, now I'm thinking maybe ferritin testing was mistakenly omitted from the book. Bredesen in Aug 2017: "Mercury is a big one. Copper, too much iron, all these things, what do you do to protect yourself? You make amyloid." [1] It wouldn't the only error in the book. In the section on testosterone, he provides the optimal range for men but not women. (Hopefully I'll grow out of my annoying habit of pointing out errors in what I read!)
CarrieS wrote:so I told him about it and gave him a jar of homemade kimchi
I've been swishing raw kimchi juice in my mouth, though I haven't been brave enough to stick it up my nose. The supplement that's helped me the most so far was some special zinc lozenge. Maybe messed-up metals are a contributing factor for me.

I think the real reason I started brain training was out of concern that my suboptimal health was affecting my brain.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lkRXaQKwk&t=5m54s
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Article about BrainHQ and sites like it has me wondering if subscription is worth it.

Post by CarrieS »

I found that I didn't like BrainHQ no matter how much I tried it. My screen size and eyesight just didn't match up so I found it frustrating. However, I bought a year of Elevate and have found that I like it and have improved a LOT. I like that I'm improving in weak areas and getting stronger in strong areas - it motivates me. Math has never been a strong area for me as I'm more of a right brain dominate person so I have to take a deep breath before a math session. I've noticed that with this practice, I'm relaxing and my math skills have really improved. I feel clearer so maybe it's shaking the dust out and exercising those areas of my brain that needed attention.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist