Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
McGido
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Post by McGido »

I'm sad that I don't see San Pellegrino in there!! Will have to start stocking up on Gerolsteiner
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

McGido wrote:I'm sad that I don't see San Pellegrino in there!! Will have to start stocking up on Gerolsteiner
Yes San Pellegrino doesn't meet the criteria for being high in Silica. My husband also tested San Pellegrino as it is my favorite sparkling water and it has aluminum.

This post is somehow out of sequence so if anyone reading this would like to look at a list of bottled waters from around the world that are high in silica here is a link. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... evels.html
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Thanks Laurie, I drink ‘Water in a box’ which has 93.4 mg of silica per litre. Ten litres for $10. This is in New Zealand. Is this one okay?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jafa wrote:Thanks Laurie, I drink ‘Water in a box’ which has 93.4 mg of silica per litre. Ten litres for $10. This is in New Zealand. Is this one okay?
That water didn't make the list I posted but yes it meets the criteria for the OSA level (149) required to eliminate aluminum.

Here is information on reading the label of bottled water for the (OSA) orthosilicic acid levels. There are 3 units of measure used to report orthosilicic acid levels, 1. to convert silicon (Si) to OSA - multiply by 3.4
2. to convert silica SiO2 to OSA multiply by 1.6
3. orthosilicic acid or silicic acid Si(OH)4 doesn’t need to be converted.
The units can be ppm or milligrams per litre, these are equivalent units of measure.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Thankyou Laurie.
Nikki2019
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nikki2019 »

Thanks for this info. I have been avoiding drinking from plastic water bottles due to potential BPA and trying to avoid breast cancer. Now I know I need to prioritize to attempt to prevent AD, thanks to 23andme. I usually will bring in my glass water jar into the sauna, as I have read that saunas may get rid of some toxins and therefore good to try to prevent AD. I still don't like the idea of bringing a plastic and drinking from it into the sauna from the heat causing plastic to leach into the water. I guess I could buy Fiji water and then transfer it into the glass jar....
As E4 s, we are inherent fighters and don't give up so easily.
Nikki2019
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nikki2019 »

Also- Do you drink coffee from a tin travel mug? I have been wondering if that is a bad idea due to metals seeping into my coffee?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Nikki2019 wrote:Also- Do you drink coffee from a tin travel mug? I have been wondering if that is a bad idea due to metals seeping into my coffee?
A stainless steel lined travel mug, water bottle etc. is the best as stainless steel won't leach. There are water bottles lined with aluminum. I don't use a travel mug so I don't know if they are ever made of aluminum. If anyone knows of a good stainless steel travel mug please post.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Nikki2019
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nikki2019 »

Pardon me...Mine is actually a " Yeti" which when I look it up online is stainless steel. I am just thinking of things that I never considered, so glad to have this forum!
Nikki2019
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nikki2019 »

Another thing to consider with water... avoid drinking those sparkling waters when they come in cans?