Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
WifeOfJoel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Post by WifeOfJoel »

Wow, Laurie! Your husband made that recipe? That is so cool. Thanks so much for sharing!

I have been drinking alkaline water from a local aquifer (pH 8.76, http://carlsbadalkalinewater.com/carlsb ... water.html), but I don't know the silica content. I imagine with the instructions for higher pH water, this water would be ok for making silicade. I am wondering though, would the Brita filter step end up filtering out desirable minerals (e.g., calcium, magnesium, etc.)?

physician scientist
Me: APOε3/3, MTHFR (C677T) homozygote
Partner: APOε4/4
Mother: APOε3/4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

WifeOfJoel wrote:Wow, Laurie! Your husband made that recipe? That is so cool. Thanks so much for sharing!

I have been drinking alkaline water from a local aquifer (pH 8.76, http://carlsbadalkalinewater.com/carlsb ... water.html), but I don't know the silica content. I imagine with the instructions for higher pH water, this water would be ok for making silicade. I am wondering though, would the Brita filter step end up filtering out desirable minerals (e.g., calcium, magnesium, etc.)?
Yes my husband made the recipe as he wanted silica rich mineral water to be available to everyone as well as buying bottled water is not sustainable. Yes it would be fine to start the recipe with your alkaline water. Yes the Brita filter removes some calcium and magnesium. The recipe has the option of adding calcium and magnesium to the Silicade after Brita filtration. Alkaline water causes the polymerization of OSA ( orthosilicic acid - the bioavailable form of silica) rendering it non absorbable.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jnanney44 »

Thank you for the info! Excuse the possible ignorance, but would taking something like Hyland's cell salts (Silicea x6 or x30) be similar or helpful at all?
APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jnanney44 wrote:Thank you for the info! Excuse the possible ignorance, but would taking something like Hyland's cell salts (Silicea x6 or x30) be similar or helpful at all?
Your question is a good. I frequently get asked if silica supplements will have the same benefit as drinking silica rich mineral water. The answer is no. Here is specific information about the product you ask about. Silicea is silica (SiO2) and in this product it is derived from flint. SiO2 is not soluble in water therefore it can not be bioabsorbed by your body. The silica in silica rich mineral water is OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the bioavailable form of silica. Therefore this product will not remove aluminum from you body. Here is a table of testing results of the bioavailability of silica supplements. This information comes from my husband Dennis N Crouse who is a chemist.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jnanney44 »

Thank you so much for the informed answer! I'm glad I asked :-)
APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

You are welcome.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jnanney44 »

I've got one more question if you don't mind! In the recipe you so graciously provided, is it ideal to use tap water? I'm from Detroit and our tap water is far from ideal, so I use a Berkey to filter my water. Could I use the water from this for the recipe?
APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jnanney44 wrote:I've got one more question if you don't mind! In the recipe you so graciously provided, is it ideal to use tap water? I'm from Detroit and our tap water is far from ideal, so I use a Berkey to filter my water. Could I use the water from this for the recipe?
You need to use a Brita filter for the Silicade recipe as it removes any aluminum which may be found as a contaminant in the sodium silicate and sodium bisulfate. My husband has tested several water filters and the Brita removes aluminum while keeping the Silica. I will post the table of the filters he tested. The Berkey was not tested.

Regarding the Berkey. If you are using the filter that filters out fluoride, you should be aware the filter uses aluminum oxide to remove the fluoride which adds aluminum to the water. If you aren't using the fluoride filter then you can filter your tap water with the Berkey and then make Silicade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jnanney44 »

Oh wow! I did not know about the use of aluminum in the fluoride filter! Thank you so much for the insight. Probably best to remove this filter from my system
APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

You are welcome.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse