Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Newtoapoe4
New User
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby Newtoapoe4 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm

So curious if taking food grade Diatomaceus Earth (DE powder), which is silica, would be the same thing? I put a heaping tablespoon into a small glass of water once a day and drink it. I’ve found it keeps you clear of parasites and also cleanses you of toxins like aluminum, so this all makes a lot of sense to me. I’m 3/4. Very inexpensive and easy to do yourself as opposed to buying silica bottled water...

Kenny4/4
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm
Location: Minnesota USA

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby Kenny4/4 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:59 pm

laurie wrote:
RJones wrote:Thanks Laurie -- Below is the link to the worldlifeexpectancy.com listings of Alzheimer's dementia by country. However, I remain skeptical about the reliability. The table implies for example that Alzheimer's is 164 times more prevalent in Finland than in Singapore. One would think that would be widely known, if true. There must be essentially zero Alzheimer's in Singapore if these stats are true.

Conversely, if these stats really are true, then they are very important!


You are right, looking at countries that have high and low rates of Alzheimer's can give very important information. Yes Singapore has very low rates of death from Alzheimer's and so does Malaysia. I have attached a table with those rates.

My husband recently looked at the Blue Zones as people there live longer and there are lower rates of dementia and Alzheimer's. In addition there is a great deal of information on these areas as they are well known and have been studied a lot. My husband after a great deal of research found the drinking water in all the Blue Zones is high in Silica due to the underlying geology of the areas. We were both very surprised by these findings. Each time he would go to research the next Blue Zone we would wonder will he be able to find the data and would there be high levels of silica in the drinking water. When he got to the last Blue Zone, Loma Linda I thought there was no way he would find high silica in the drinking water. Their drinking water is high in silica and one of the tenets of the 7th day Adventists religion is to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
Here are the 5 Blue Zones:
• Okinawa, Japan – The largest island in a subtropical archipelago that has the world’s longest lived women.
• Villagrande, Sardinia – A small mountainous region on an island off the coast of Italy with the world’s highest concentration of male centenarians.
• Ikaria, Greece – An island off the coast of Greece in the Aegean Sea that has one of the lowest rates of middle age mortality in the world and the lowest rate of dementia in the world.
• Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica – A region where residents have one of lowest rates of middle age mortality in the world and the second highest concentration of male centenarians.
• Loma Linda, California – City with the highest concentration of Seventh-day Adventists in the U.S.A. where they live ten years longer than the average American.

Regarding Finland there is a recent study 2017 titled Why does Finland have the highest dementia mortality rate? Environmental factors may be generalizable Arnold R.Eiser Mold was one of the things they looked at. This study didn't look at aluminum or silica water.


Finland the highest percentage of people with APOE4 in Europe or the modern -westernized world. Might that play a role Apoe4/western lifestyle?

I agree metal over abundance in the brain may play one of many roles in causing Alzheimers as Amyloid is used to clear it from the brain. Silica may be a help in clearing excess Aluminum or other metals but I have my doubts it alone would prevent Alzheimers or be the driving force behind longevity.

laurie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: Melrose
Contact:

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby laurie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 am

Kenny4/4 wrote:
Finland the highest percentage of people with APOE4 in Europe or the modern -westernized world. Might that play a role Apoe4/western lifestyle?

I agree metal over abundance in the brain may play one of many roles in causing Alzheimers as Amyloid is used to clear it from the brain. Silica may be a help in clearing excess Aluminum or other metals but I have my doubts it alone would prevent Alzheimers or be the driving force behind longevity.


Kenny, Thanks for your post it is always good to look at things from different perspectives and gather information from many sources. Yes you are correct aluminum may not be the only causal factor of Alzheimer's, however I am putting my bet on drinking silica water to prevent Alzheimer's as there is a growing body of scientific research which supports that aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's. I wish there was data about what percentage of Alzheimer's is caused by aluminum. In addition it is fairly easy to incorporate drinking silica water as a lifestyle choice. It is hard for us to think that something so simple as silica water could have a major role in our health and longevity, however if you look at how plants and animals evolved you learn that silica is the way they protect themselves from the toxic effects of aluminum. Today we are living in the aluminum age which means we are exposed to more aluminum than our ancestors and therefore we need to supplement with silica. One final thought silica is only effective at removing aluminum - it does not remove any other metals.
"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse

Kenny4/4
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm
Location: Minnesota USA

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby Kenny4/4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 pm

I agree there really is no risk in pounding down a bottle of Fiji Water each day other than the $1 more it costs. I drank one today and have been drinking them for awhile now.
I am going to place a small bet on silica but I am also going to cover my bet on Silica by placing larger bets on other seemingly very large important variables such as Research, Exercise (mind and body), Sleep, diet...etc..

laurie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: Melrose
Contact:

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby laurie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:40 am

Newtoapoe4 wrote:So curious if taking food grade Diatomaceus Earth (DE powder), which is silica, would be the same thing? I put a heaping tablespoon into a small glass of water once a day and drink it. I’ve found it keeps you clear of parasites and also cleanses you of toxins like aluminum, so this all makes a lot of sense to me. I’m 3/4. Very inexpensive and easy to do yourself as opposed to buying silica bottled water...


No taking DE will not give you the amount of OSA (orthosilicic acid which is the bioavailable form of silica) needed to remove aluminum from your body. Dr. Chris Exley and Dr. Dennis N Crouse have tested DE and other silica supplements for their bioavailability. Yes buying silica water is expensive and not sustainable that is why Dr. Crouse has developed a recipe for making your own silica water (silicade). Dr. Crouse wants silica water to be affordable to everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse

laurie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: Melrose
Contact:

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby laurie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 am

Kenny4/4 wrote:I agree there really is no risk in pounding down a bottle of Fiji Water each day other than the $1 more it costs. I drank one today and have been drinking them for awhile now.
I am going to place a small bet on silica but I am also going to cover my bet on Silica by placing larger bets on other seemingly very large important variables such as Research, Exercise (mind and body), Sleep, diet...etc..


Kenny, glad to hear you are drinking silica water and yes Exercise is incredibly important and effective and there is research to show this. However there a is a large body of research indicating aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's. Here is a link to a chapter which uses human data to establish a causal link between Aluminum and Alzhiemer's. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... chapter-1/
"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby circular » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Incidentally, so far I’ve found the best price for a large bottle of Figi water in the US to be, surprisingly, Whole Foods, aka Whole Paycheck.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

laurie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: Melrose
Contact:

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby laurie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:47 am

circular wrote:Incidentally, so far I’ve found the best price for a large bottle of Figi water in the US to be, surprisingly, Whole Foods, aka Whole Paycheck.


Nice to know. I am in a facebook group for drinking silica water for removing aluminum, people frequently post when there is a sale on Fiji water. I will keep whole foods in mind.
"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby circular » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:49 am

laurie wrote:
circular wrote:Incidentally, so far I’ve found the best price for a large bottle of Figi water in the US to be, surprisingly, Whole Foods, aka Whole Paycheck.


Nice to know. I am in a facebook group for drinking silica water for removing aluminum, people frequently post when there is a sale on Fiji water. I will keep whole foods in mind.

Whole Foods where I live was having a sale on their already lower price a couple days ago.

I ordered the ingredients to make silica water some months back and still haven't found time to focus on making it. It should be an easy habit once I do! I'm think (hoping!) my life will be stabilizing more in the new year.

In the meantime, I'm using the large Fiji bottles to make bottle bricks. I've filled four in two weeks with all kinds of little and cut up things that can't be recycled, at least where I live. Some day they will be the inside of an exterior bench or wall. I'm having so much fun doing that with my non-recyclables, I may have to keep buying Fiji water to sometimes to keep up! You can pass this on to the group. Good project for kids too, and they it seems to bring the kid out in me. You have to get to know just what your local recycle facility is and isn't using, and keep the nots out of the bin so they don't ruin the batch. I was making a lot of recycling mistakes without realizing it.
IMG_7302.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

laurie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: Melrose
Contact:

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Postby laurie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:57 am

circular wrote:
laurie wrote:
circular wrote:
In the meantime, I'm using the large Fiji bottles to make bottle bricks. I've filled four in two weeks with all kinds of little and cut up things that can't be recycled, at least where I live. Some day they will be the inside of an exterior bench or wall. I'm having so much fun doing that with my non-recyclables, I may have to keep buying Fiji water to sometimes to keep up! You can pass this on to the group. Good project for kids too, and they it seems to bring the kid out in me. You have to get to know just what your local recycle facility is and isn't using, and keep the nots out of the bin so they don't ruin the batch. I was making a lot of recycling mistakes without realizing it.
IMG_7302.jpg


This is really cool. I will share the link in my group thanks.
"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse


Return to “Prevention and Treatment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests