An informal survey on Fasting

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: An informal survey on Fasting

Post by mike »

samspade wrote:I haven't done that. I don't have BG meter but my wife does. I'll have to do that.

The 130 is from my recent physical. But my HbA1c is 5.4.
5.4 is great. Would be interesting to see what it is at different times of day, at least for a couple of days. 130 is high for a non-diabetic in the morning fasting.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

andlewis wrote:1. Apoe4 status? 3/4
2. Type of fasting? 21:3, with quarterly 5 day, and the occasional 2 day.
3. Reason for fasting? brain health, weight loss, acid reflux, general health
4. How difficult did you find it? Daily is easy. Difficulty varies otherwise..
5. Were you on in a keto diet prior to the fast? Yes, but it was lazy keto
6. What results have you observed? Weight loss, reduced cravings, better sleep, no acid reflux, improved cholesterol + thyroid
Hello andlewis! I'd like to extend a Warm Welcome to the Forums and commend you for taking the time to post your fasting results. I'm reading that you are experiencing positive effects with your fasting pattern so thank you for sharing this information with the community.

Since you joined in May, I'm thinking that you've figured out the great features such as the Primer, Tips for Navigating the website, the Wiki, etc. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need help figuring out these areas. When you get a moment, we'd love to get to know you better and what brought you to the APOe4 community by posting in Our Stories.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Sonoma Mike
4/4
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Thanks for that, Mike!
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

mike wrote:How do I delete a post? :?
The little "x" icon on your post, upper right hand corner. It only works for the person who started the post (unless you have superhero powers).

Our "How to Get the Most from the ApoE4.info website" wiki chapter answers all sorts of questions like these. (But interestingly not this one!)
Slacker
E4/E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

slacker wrote:
The little "x" icon on your post, upper right hand corner. It only works for the person who started the post (unless you have superhero powers).

Our "How to Get the Most from the ApoE4.info website" wiki chapter answers all sorts of questions like these. (But interestingly not this one!)
I deleted your posts as well as mine asking if you wanted it deleted.

I checked with Marc & the little "x" icon, which is next to the pencil icon in the upper right part of your post will delete the post (for future reference). As a mod, I wasn't sure it showed up for everybody for their own posts.
Tincup
E3,E4
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

1. Apoe4 status:
3/4
2. Type of fasting:
Time restricted eating: only eat between hours of 2p - 8p.
Doing a Valter Longo style 5 day fasting mimicking diet every 6 months. Next one will be in March.
3. Reason for fasting
TRE: Primarily to keep inflammation down and insulin sensitivity as optimized as possible.
5 day FMD: autophagy and longevity
4. How difficult did you find it (scale 1= Not difficult to 5 = Very difficult)
I'd rank it a 2. There are hunger pangs but they pass without too much difficulty.
5. Were you on a keto diet prior to the fast
Keto-esque. I don't regularly monitor ketone levels but when I have I've been in mild ketosis.
6. What results have you observed
All of my inflammation and insulin sensitivity assays have been in the good/healthy range.