a2 milk, bredesen

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mwhr
Contributor
Contributor

a2 milk, bredesen

Post by mwhr »

Read about a2 and Gundry recently. Have found it is carried by local stores (although not non-fat). Wonder if Bredesen also supports a2 milk.
Glad to participate.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: a2 milk, bredesen

Post by Julie G »

Yep, in small amounts for those who aren't sensitive to dairy. A2 milk is general less inflammatory.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

My one little dairy allowance is a shot glass of goat milk kefir in the morning. Goat milk is a2, and the Redwood brand has the most different strains of organisms of the goat milk keifers I’ve seen. I still sort of think it may be inflammatory for me, but I like to pretend its contribution to my probiotic foods balances that out. ;)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

circular wrote:My one little dairy allowance is a shot glass of goat milk kefir in the morning. Goat milk is a2, and the Redwood brand has the most different strains of organisms of the goat milk keifers I’ve seen. I still sort of think it may be inflammatory for me, but I like to pretend its contribution to my probiotic foods balances that out. ;)
I was planning on getting some of the Redwood goat milk kefir to try. At my local store, it was $8 for a 32 oz bottle with expiration date in 3 days! How long does your bottle last when you're only consuming a shot glass worth a day? :lol: Maybe it just gets more fermented? I liked the idea of the kefir over the yogurt due to a greater diversity of bacteria (as advertised on the Redwood website).
Slacker
E4/E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

slacker wrote:
circular wrote:My one little dairy allowance is a shot glass of goat milk kefir in the morning. Goat milk is a2, and the Redwood brand has the most different strains of organisms of the goat milk keifers I’ve seen. I still sort of think it may be inflammatory for me, but I like to pretend its contribution to my probiotic foods balances that out. ;)
I was planning on getting some of the Redwood goat milk kefir to try. At my local store, it was $8 for a 32 oz bottle with expiration date in 3 days! How long does your bottle last when you're only consuming a shot glass worth a day? :lol: Maybe it just gets more fermented? I liked the idea of the kefir over the yogurt due to a greater diversity of bacteria (as advertised on the Redwood website).
Jeepers, it IS expensive, $6 something, but I usually find it on sale for $4 something. Notice I never focus in on the cents :lol: It lasts roughly two weeks. Expiration dates have always been much longer out than three days too. Could there be a better local supplier for it? I get it at Natural Grocer or Whole Foods, whoever has the best deal, but I think I've seen it at Sprouts?
I tried Trader Joe's cheaper brand but it's not as fermented and fewer strains.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

I am allergic to the casein in cow & goat milk but have found that I can tolerate sheep milk products without feeling inflamed. My local food co-op carries small cartons of plain sheep yogurt. It isn't cheap so I'll eat a spoonful a day for the probiotics. I've found sheep cheeses (feta & pecorino romano) at Costco, Trader Joe's and the Co-op that I use sparingly. You need to read the labels to verify the source. I've heard that camel milk kefir is a thing but I've never seen it in my local stores.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

CarrieS wrote:I am allergic to the casein in cow & goat milk but have found that I can tolerate sheep milk products without feeling inflamed. My local food co-op carries small cartons of plain sheep yogurt. It isn't cheap so I'll eat a spoonful a day for the probiotics. I've found sheep cheeses (feta & pecorino romano) at Costco, Trader Joe's and the Co-op that I use sparingly. You need to read the labels to verify the source. I've heard that camel milk kefir is a thing but I've never seen it in my local stores.
That's interesting, I can tolerate small amounts of goat (at least I don't notice much difference), but not sheep yogurt. Then again maybe if I only ate a spoonful a day I wouldn't notice any inflammation.

I've always wanted to try the camel products. They can be shipped but I wasn't willing to spend that much.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

I'm having a hard time picturing milking a camel; don't they have bad tempers?? :(
Slacker
E4/E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

slacker wrote:I'm having a hard time picturing milking a camel; don't they have bad tempers?? :(
:lol: That explains why my brother's sending me one for Christmas.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

slacker wrote:I'm having a hard time picturing milking a camel; don't they have bad tempers?? :(
The females are supposedly more docile. I still wouldn't want that job.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4