Self lab test ordering online - US. Discount

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Self lab test ordering online - US. Discount

Post by Tincup »

I know that some order their own lab tests online. I received a sharable discount code (20% off), good till 1/31/19. This is from Walkinlab.com. The code is: FAMILY

There are other vendors, like DirectLabs.com. A search on online blood tests will show more vendors.

For those who haven't done this before, WalkinLab has deals with LabCorp and Quest. You choose the labs you want, pay for them, then they put a PDF of a lab requisition in your confidential lab record. You print this off and take it to the nearest LabCorp or Quest office and present it. It will be marked "prepaid" and signed by a doctor you've never heard of or seen before. They will then draw your blood. When your results are ready, you'll get an email directing you to login to your account & a PDF of the results will be in your confidential lab record.

On my Mac, today I was having trouble adding tests to my cart on Chrome browser (though it has worked in the past). Safari and Opera worked, however.

You can search for labs near you here:

I can't guarantee that Walkin Lab has the best pricing, even with the discount. They've generally been the cheapest when I've taken the time to check. The other vendors work the same way.

My wife and I have used their services many times over 4 or 5 years.

Note:
Walk-In Lab is prohibited from selling lab tests to residents in the following states:
LabCorp: NY, NJ, RI, MA, MD
Quest Diagnostics: NY, NJ, RI

This can be a good option if your labs aren't covered by insurance.
Tincup
E3,E4
Josiah
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Self lab test ordering online - US. Discount

Post by Josiah »

WALK-IN LAB's prices are pretty good and thanks for the tip about the 20% discount. I also use LifeExtention and Request A Test.
E3/E3 male age 84
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Just a reminder that we have a member built list of online lab companies in the wiki. Everyone is welcome to add to the list.
Slacker
E4/E4
genie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by genie »

Thanks, Tincup. Which test panels does Dr. Gundry like (from which labs)? I had a hard time convincing my doctor to order an Insulin test, even after diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes!? Clearly, some of us need do this on our own and out of pocket, which sucks.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

genie wrote:Thanks, Tincup. Which test panels does Dr. Gundry like (from which labs)? I had a hard time convincing my doctor to order an Insulin test, even after diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes!? Clearly, some of us need do this on our own and out of pocket, which sucks.
Gundry now orders tests from 5 different labs. Our Aug 2018 labs are reported here.
Tincup
E3,E4
genie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by genie »

Thanks again, Tincup and Theresa for freely sharing your lab data, consults and coupons to help the rest of us here! We are a new kind of Family and intentional community here. Blessings to you all!
Josiah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Josiah »

I did some price comparing this afternoon and New Century Labs was consistently less expensive than the three other labs I've used in the past. New Century Labs doesn't offer all the tests suggested in the BP by a long shot but I'm going to go with them whenever I can.
E3/E3 male age 84
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

They are happy to add new ones upon request to customerservice@newcenturylabs.com. I just provide the test name and CPT code as found on the Quest Diagnostics Test Directory.
Victronix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Victronix »

You do want to compare the actual lab tests being included in panels, though. For example a thyroid panel with LE costs more ($75), but is different from Walkinlab ($45).

Walkinlab's "thyroid panel" (https://www.walkinlab.com/thyroid1basel ... panel.html) has a test for T3 that is " T3 uptake", described here:

"The T3 uptake test was the original test for estimating the level of binding proteins, and later versions were called T-uptake methods. These are rarely used now that there are methods available to measure free T4 and free T3 directly."
https://labtestsonline.org/tests/t3-free-and-total

So you pay less, but you are using an out-of-date method to assess T3, so unless you don't need to know anything about T3, it wouldn't be a good choice for a thyroid panel.

That said, there are probably good cheaper basic tests on there . . .