Experiences with Low Dose Naltrexone

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Experiences with Low Dose Naltrexone

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote: I recently retested my thyroid numbers. My TSH is 2.3 and all of my previously "high" thyroid antibodies were completely normal.
Great results, Julie! Congratulations! How wonderful that your TSH is down and your thyroid antibodies are completely normal.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
BHaviland
New User
New User

Post by BHaviland »

For more information about Low Dose Naltrexone

Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) for chronic illness & infections…. https://www.facebook.com/groups/108424385861883/
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PJD@4411 »

BHaviland wrote:For more information about Low Dose Naltrexone

Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) for chronic illness & infections…. https://www.facebook.com/groups/108424385861883/
Hello BHaviland!

Welcome to the APOE4 Forum, we are so happy to hear from you.

Thank you for sharing information about the private FB group for people interested in low-dose Naltrexone.

If you would like to learn more about APOE4 and this forum a great place to get started is by reviewing the Primer found on the Welcome page. The Primer was written by the physician that stared this forum and has a wealth of information.

We would love to learn more about you. You can share your story here and learn more about others that belong to this amazing and supportive community.

Again I would like to wish you a warm welcome. Have a great day!
PJ
Think Positive Be Positive
K8flan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by K8flan »

Good to hear LDN working. I have been offered it a few times but cost out of pocket sort of dissuaded me from going further and I am overwhelmed with a slew of things I need to be working on. That said starting to think perhaps it may help over all.

I seem to be having really high antibody numbers with my Thyroid ever since Graduate School required two extra booster shots of the MMR booster cause my titers were not showing any Measle antibodies, having gotten my shots before 1968. ( yes I am a baby Babyboomer) So They would not let me start classes with out a shot and only shot available was MMR by Merk, yes the controversial one. even the nurse giving it to me didn't recommend it as an Autoimmune patient. Well Fast forward - my great low inlammation numbers skyrocketed and my TPO and TgA Antibodies went u into the 1000's

Needless to say I have sme challenges. Trying to focus on getting all my labs into ReCodes Optimal numbers.. going to need to make some major pivots on priorities.

If you can let me know about sources. recommendation is a compounding pharmacy and even they have their quality challenges.
Thanks
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

K8flan wrote:Good to hear LDN working.
If you can let me know about sources. recommendation is a compounding pharmacy and even they have their quality challenges.
Thanks
Hi K8flan, Compounding pharmacies I have worked with are Belmar and College pharmacies. Belmar has LDN in tablets that can be cut to give you the desired doses.
I may switch to them.
For now I am getting LDN from Pharmaca Compounding Pharmacy in CO.(They mail it to me.). I was able to get a lower price than original quote by getting 90 capsules/ 3 month supply in one order.
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health