Dr. Steven Gundry with diet recommendations for ApoE4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Dr. Steven Gundry with diet recommendations for ApoE4

Post by TheresaB »

Anab wrote:Great thanks for getting back to me so soon. So we are talking niacinamide not niacin. Just checking. I used to take niacin with heavy flush as the non flush didn’t seem to work. Then I stopped altogether. So just making sure I don’t get the wrong one. Does niacinamide flush. Thanks again
Niacinamide does flush. I started with a half dose and after a couple weeks added the second half. Per Dr Gundry the no flush niacinamide is NOT what you want, you want just plain old niacinamide.

After post addition: I should have also added that I take the first half in the morning and the second half in the evening.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Perfect. Thank you [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Btw... has dr Gundry switched you from fish oil to algae supplement? [emoji175]thx

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Anab wrote:Btw... has dr Gundry switched you from fish oil to algae supplement? [emoji175]thx
I do both, plus plasmalogen precursors.
Tincup
E3,E4
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Plasminogen precursors??? What is that ? Also how much of each fish oil and algae do you take. I wondered if you could take both.... guess you can. Thx[emoji3577]

Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Plasmologen .... correction

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Anab wrote:Plasminogen precursors??? What is that ? Also how much of each fish oil and algae do you take. I wondered if you could take both.... guess you can. Thx[emoji3577]
On plasmalogen, see our podcast. I'm taking 1 mL/day of Dr. Goodenowe's product. A search on plasmalogen here will bring up a lot of hits and there are links on the podcast page also.

I'm also taking 0.5 g of algae oil, 0.867 g of an oil that includes 0.6 g DHA as well as a swig of Carlson's Cod Liver Oil - maybe 1 TBL. Don't know as I don't measure. Nov 2019, my omega 3 index was > 17%, which is a bit high (I rock climb a lot and my arms looked like someone on warfarin {blood thinner} with a too high INR). Hence I backed off.
Tincup
E3,E4
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Thx so much for all that info. I can picture your arms!!!! Is there a reason you use carlsons cod liver oil and not their fish oil. I
Take their fish oil. Just took my first base line omega test it it was a dismal 6.85 but just was taking 1 cap instead of 2 so have definitely upped it. [emoji106][emoji3577]

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Anab wrote:Thx so much for all that info. I can picture your arms!!!! Is there a reason you use carlsons cod liver oil and not their fish oil.
Vitamin A
Tincup
E3,E4
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Got it. Thanks for your generous info
Offering. Appreciate it