Has anyone done the one time RECODE report simple for prevention?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
AlisonMolinari
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone done the one time RECODE report simple for prevention?

Post by AlisonMolinari »

I have experienced no mental dementia, but have signed up for the one time RECODE report for a baseline and prevention purposes. Has anyone else done this? Was it helpful? It seems like most people on this forum are already experiencing cognitive difficulties.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Has anyone done the one time RECODE report simple for prevention?

Post by NF52 »

AlisonMolinari wrote:I have experienced no mental dementia, but have signed up for the one time RECODE report for a baseline and prevention purposes. Has anyone else done this? Was it helpful? It seems like most people on this forum are already experiencing cognitive difficulties.
Hi again Alison,

I actually think most people on this forum are not experiencing any cognitive difficulties, although many of us have family history of Alzheimer's or other dementias and have also had experience caregiving for loved ones going through those changes. So for most of us, like you, we're interested in prevention and in discovering ways to deal with any of the possible health effects of having ApoE 4. If you want to quick look at some of the approaches that people take, check out the topic headings in the Wiki and the Primer, written by forum member Stavia, a wise Dr. with ApoE 4/4. And for tips about how to search, post and quote members so they see your replies, check out "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website.
Since you have posted both here in the Prevention and Treatment section, and on Getting Started about your concerns with ReCODE, you may want to add more about your reasons to go that route, or what you're hoping to learn as additional posts within one of these two "conversations". I think you'll find that people are more than willing to share their experiences, suggestions and insights.
4/4 and still an optimist!
measuretwice
Contributor
Contributor

Post by measuretwice »

Hi Alison,
I am in the same boat as you are. I'mm 44 with no symptoms and I'd like to establish a baseline, so I'm considering doing the one-time report as well. I am curious about exactly which tests are included for the price. There isn't much information on the website. Have you looked into it further. I'm so curious. If you do get the testing and report, please report back!
Jen
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

measuretwice wrote:Hi Alison,
I am in the same boat as you are. I'mm 44 with no symptoms and I'd like to establish a baseline, so I'm considering doing the one-time report as well. I am curious about exactly which tests are included for the price. There isn't much information on the website. Have you looked into it further. I'm so curious. If you do get the testing and report, please report back!
Jen

Welcome Jen;

I have not done this myself, but...another member posted back in June/July that
Pricing was only available after signing up for an account and going through the enrollment steps for ordering a test.
You may be able to get a list of tests this way as well, prior to paying.

Yet another member is aware of a different company, yourlabwork.com, that has a brain health test panel option. When I looked at this in the past, the costs were about the same, but there were some differences in test selection. You won't get a ReCode report with this company.

I don't think that either company includes ALL of the Bredesen suggested lab tests.
Slacker
E4/E4
measuretwice
Contributor
Contributor

Post by measuretwice »

Hi Slacker,
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am new around here. After I posted, I found more information about the RECODE report (and the customer service experienced by AlisonMolinari) by clicking on AlisonMolinari's other posts, listed under different topics. It seems Dr. Bredesen's company or partnership with a service provider is going through a transition, so now the test is offered here https://www.ahnphealth.com/recode.html and the price is listed as $1399. No list of tests provided, but you don't need an account to see it. I'm trying to decide if that's the best way to go, and if the Breseden-branded report and access to a list of trained practitioners (only available after you purchase the report) is worth it, or if I should get tests ala carte to establish some baseline numbers as I try to protect myself as I age.
AlisonMolinari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AlisonMolinari »

I did the RECORD report and this is what I got:
Creatinine
ApoE4
hs-CRP
fasting glucose
Fasting insulin
Hemoglobin A1C%
Folate
Homocysteine
Vit B12
Cortisol
DHEA-sulfate
Estradiol
Free T3
Free T4
Free testosterone
Progesterone
Reverse T3
TSH
Testosterone
Vit D
Calcium
Potassium
RBC Mg
Serum Copper
Serum Zinc
ALT
AST
Arsenic
BUN
Blood mercury
Lead
MMP9
HDL
LDL
Total cholestoerol
Trigylcerides
Albumin
Globulin
Vit E

Here's a service I just found that is pretty helpful: labtestanalyzer.com

Here are some other resources I still need to look into:
15 minute matrix (podcast)
$350 analysis of your blood work results by a whole team

With labs quest diagnostics, you can choose just the labs you want and order them without a doctor
Umbrella company - Direct Labs

Let me know if you pursue any of these and have any comments. Thanks!
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Hi Alison,

I'm 55, no symptoms, and like you, wanted a baseline. After buying Dr. Bredesen's book, I made a chart (on a word doc) of all the factors Bredesen recommends to be tested (in the cognoscopy chapter) and optimal ranges. My doctor wrote a lab slip for most every test (a few can't be done in my state of NY) and I charted the results in a Year 1 column. I'm excited to put in Year 2 results this coming fall. I had to pay for some labs, as my insurance didn't cover it all, but in sum, it cost less than going the official ReCode route. Plus I am happy to talk with my own doctor about results and next steps. Just another n=1 story that I hope you find helpful.

Best wishes!

Emily
AlisonMolinari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AlisonMolinari »

Thanks Emily! Good to think about.
drpickens
New User
New User

Post by drpickens »

Emily, Would you be willing, and/or is it possible for me to get the word doc you created with all the Bredesen factors?

Thanks
dcox
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dcox »

drpickens wrote:Emily, Would you be willing, and/or is it possible for me to get the word doc you created with all the Bredesen factors?

Thanks
Welcome to ApoE4.info drpickens!
First a quick hint when asking a specific person a question within a topic, you might want to quote their text specifically so they will be notified that someone posted a question/comment specifically to them. You can do this by clicking the " (quotation mark icon) in the upper right hand corner of their specific post, this will open a window that you can address them with your question/comment specifically, it will still show up in the topic feed just as a regular comment does, so others can see it. This is a relatively new topic so she may see your question as she checks back.

I love how members of this community are so willing to share their experiences and their successes, and yes even their not so successful experiences, we all learn form each other on this great journey to stop, prevent and reverse AD, dementia and all forms of cognitive decline. None of us are going to have the exact same road so being in such an open and supportive community helps with each step we take.

If you haven't had a chance to explore the site, you will find it a treasure trove of amazing, sometimes overwhelming information, and just as amazing stories from very passionate people. Here are some hints that may help you navigate ApoE4.info so may glean the pearls of wisdom that will help you most: The Primer , is amazing, giving you great information about ApoE4 and the journey to prevention, reversal and stopping AD, one of our of our most active members, Stavia, put it together she is a Dr. and E4/E4 herself, she truly put her heart into writing it. If you want to take a deeper dive into specific topics our Wiki Page is loaded with information. This page will help you to navigate the site more efficiently "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website.

Please feel free to post your story on theOur Stories forum, we would love to hear more about you and what brought you to the site.

Find your joy and hope in each new day and each new discovery along your path,
Deb
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Enrolled in Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches
Choose Hope