Dr. Barrie Tan, PhD on Ben Greenfield's Podcast discussing tocotrienols

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Dr. Barrie Tan, PhD on Ben Greenfield's Podcast discussing tocotrienols

Post by apod »

This was a great podcast on vitamin E with a focus on tocotrienols:
https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcas ... e-dangers/
Here is a recent remark of Jonathan Lizotte, Designs for Health Founder and Board Chairman:

“The health benefits realized by annatto tocotrienol go beyond that of any other nutrient I know. It’s the one supplement I would want with me if I were stranded on a desert island! This is a change for me as after 35 years in this industry, my top desert island supplements have switched between magnesium and fish oil and now it stands firmly as annatto tocotrienol alone. A minimum of 150 mg per day is a must for every adult alive.”
I have read that a-Tocophenol can be inflammatory for individuals with an A @ rs1695. It's not clear to me if this applies to the other vitamin E flavors.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr. Barrie Tan, PhD on Ben Greenfield's Podcast discussing tocotrienols

Post by Plumster »

I have read that a-Tocophenol can be inflammatory for individuals with an A @ rs1695. It's not clear to me if this applies to the other vitamin E flavors.

I would also love to know if this applies to a-tocotrienol. I do have an A at that SNP. I know that taking one kind of Vitamin E blocks the other 7 kinds and that those with cognitive decline and AD tend to have lower blood levels of all forms of vitamin E. Thanks for posting the Podcast, I look forward to exploring it!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR