Housework could keep brain young, research suggests

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Housework could keep brain young, research suggests

Post by SusanJ »

TheBrain wrote:Moving to Florida to take on a caregiving gig is a whole different matter.
For a long time we thought we'd be bringing my hub's sister to Colorado at some point, but both are having health issues that preclude living at high altitudes. Moving was not an easy decision to make, but definitively the right one. Having our own home will give us a place to relax and recharge when we get those stressful caregiving days. We hope to keep them both in their home and near their friends as long as possible.

I figure we'll get the whole hot-humid thing over with right out of the box. Easing in with 80s and some humidity right now. If I can survive the summer (being of northern European descent), the rest will be easy.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

SusanJ wrote: For a long time we thought we'd be bringing my hub's sister to Colorado at some point, but both are having health issues that preclude living at high altitudes.
It is funny, when I read this, my immediate thought was, "what - 7,500' isn't high." I know it is to many, but just not from my perspective :lol:

We will miss seeing you two on visits Central Colorado!! Hopefully Rich can get a little bit of flying in with a tow plane on his hang glider...

Tincup & Theresa
Tincup
E3,E4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Susan, you and the hubs are dear people for pulling up stakes to become caregivers of your family members. I admire you both for your generous spirit and willingness to help.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

SusanJ wrote:Having our own home will give us a place to relax and recharge when we get those stressful caregiving days.
Speaking from experience doing it both ways, this is invaluable, and more and more so over time!

I've lived a lot of places and found every single one to be an adventure in such interesting and enjoyable ways.

By the way, Buzz Away is an herbal insect repellent that works well for my husband, whom mosquitoes love. I also started making him one with essential oils that works as well. I suspect some of the oils are harmful to the skin biome or if inhaled too much, but still better than the chemical versions in my mind.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

circular wrote:By the way, Buzz Away is an herbal insect repellent that works well for my husband, whom mosquitoes love.
I'm on the mosquito buffet menu, too, so thanks for the tip. Fortunately there aren't many at the RV park we're staying at. Remains to be seen about the house we bought. Off to shake out the rugs. :D
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

SusanJ wrote: I'm on the mosquito buffet menu, too ...
:lol:
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

tincup wrote:"what - 7,500' isn't high."
Well, maybe a little high for anyone with COPD who can barely breath at sea level. ;)

We'll definitely miss seeing you guys, and especially during the parade of lights!
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

Back to the dog hair - we have 2 yellow labs. Need I say more? "Dog hair: the perfect accessory AND condiment!"
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

NancyM wrote:Back to the dog hair - we have 2 yellow labs.
Oh, I do I hear you! Until a couple of years ago, we had 2 lab black mixes. Constant cleaning for dirt, grit and hair!!!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

That's what I love about animal lovers, they take care of my furry friends and all their messes after I play with them :D