Housework could keep brain young, research suggests

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Housework could keep brain young, research suggests

Post by TheBrain »

I’m feeling more motivated to keep up with household chores!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... h-suggests
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Housework could keep brain young, research suggests

Post by TheresaB »

Well thank goodness brain health is dependent on multiple factors, if it relied solely on housework, I'd be in a world of hurt. :D :D
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

TheresaB wrote:Well thank goodness brain health is dependent on multiple factors, if it relied solely on housework, I'd be in a world of hurt. :D :D
...but you'd have bird photography covered :lol:.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

TheresaB wrote:Well thank goodness brain health is dependent on multiple factors, if it relied solely on housework, I'd be in a world of hurt. :D :D
Amen sister! I can share my theory on dust homeostasis at some point... :lol:
Slacker
E4/E4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

You gals crack me up! :lol:

My husband and I have a German Shedder (oops, I mean German Shepherd), so dog hair will pile up to the ceiling without regular vacuuming!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

TheBrain wrote:My husband and I have a German Shedder (oops, I mean German Shepherd), so dog hair will pile up to the ceiling without regular vacuuming!
I hear your pain. We're currently waiting to close on a house, and living in a 20 foot travel trailer with a 60 pound lab mix who has gone from the Colorado climate to Florida climate in the space of a week. So in week 2 of warm weather, he's decided he needs to start shedding!!! Hair everywhere, so I fall into the cleaning daily camp. At least it's a small space. :lol:
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

SusanJ wrote:
TheBrain wrote:My husband and I have a German Shedder (oops, I mean German Shepherd), so dog hair will pile up to the ceiling without regular vacuuming!
I hear your pain. We're currently waiting to close on a house, and living in a 20 foot travel trailer with a 60 pound lab mix who has gone from the Colorado climate to Florida climate in the space of a week. So in week 2 of warm weather, he's decided he needs to start shedding!!! Hair everywhere, so I fall into the cleaning daily camp. At least it's a small space. :lol:
Welcome to dog hair heaven! In your small space, I’d guess you have dog hair in your own hair, all over your clothes, etc.

Best of luck with closing on your new house!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

SusanJ wrote:We're currently waiting to close on a house, and living in a 20 foot travel trailer with a 60 pound lab mix who has gone from the Colorado climate to Florida climate in the space of a week.
I'm sad to think you're no longer just 730 miles way. Come back soon! :cry:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

TheBrain wrote:In your small space, I’d guess you have dog hair in your own hair, all over your clothes, etc.
I'm in the habit of checking everything, including the pans, plates, cup and glasses...
circular wrote:I'm sad to think you're no longer just 730 miles way. Come back soon!
We're sad, too, but we are also determined to view this Florida caregiving gig as a little side adventure and enjoy what we can. Today is in the 70s and mostly clear, really a beautiful day. I'm grateful we're getting a little time to adjust to the humidity before the summer doldrums hit. We're buying a house with a nice lanai and pool, so we're diving into the Florida Lifestyle full force. And green, wow, anyone living in the West knows that sometimes you just crave a little more green. :mrgreen:

I lived in Colorado 37 years and the hubs for 43. The mountains are in our blood to say the least and we have a rental home in Colorado so we still have a toehold in the West. And thank goodness I can keep in touch with all my E4 brothers and sisters here no matter where I lay my head at night! Hugs, sister circ.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

SusanJ wrote: We're sad, too, but we are also determined to view this Florida caregiving gig as a little side adventure and enjoy what we can. Today is in the 70s and mostly clear, really a beautiful day. I'm grateful we're getting a little time to adjust to the humidity before the summer doldrums hit. We're buying a house with a nice lanai and pool, so we're diving into the Florida Lifestyle full force. And green, wow, anyone living in the West knows that sometimes you just crave a little more green. :mrgreen:

I lived in Colorado 37 years and the hubs for 43. The mountains are in our blood to say the least and we have a rental home in Colorado so we still have a toehold in the West. And thank goodness I can keep in touch with all my E4 brothers and sisters here no matter where I lay my head at night! Hugs, sister circ.
I assumed you were staying put in Colorado and just buying a new (or new to you) home. Moving to Florida to take on a caregiving gig is a whole different matter. Since you’re buying a home, that suggests to me you plan on staying a while. Florida is wicked hot and humid for many months of the year, but people must adjust to it. I’ve never stayed long enough for that to happen.

Best of luck to you and the hubs during your “little side adventure.” Colorado will be waiting for you, if you choose to return.