Modified citrus pectin can minimize heavy metal toxicity

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Modified citrus pectin can minimize heavy metal toxicity

Post by Plumster »

I haven't tried modified citrus pectin, but it seems worth looking into for those of us with heavy metals toxicity:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-04-21- ... icity.html
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Anna
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Modified citrus pectin can minimize heavy metal toxicity

Post by Anna »

I've been taking it (Pectasol-C) for about three months, along with some other detox supplements and prescription DMSA -- all recommended by my functional medicine doctor, after flunking my heavy metals tests. Modified citrus pectin is not cheap, but it seems to be safe and supposedly has some advantages that other binders do not have, like pulling metals out of the blood (not just the gut) and supposedly not binding with nutrients. I have no idea yet if it is working, but my gut isn't always happy with it. :|

Here is an interesting interview Wendy Myers (Myers Detox) does with Issac Eliaz, creator of Pectasol-C:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d31vO8kUPwA
~Anna
4/4 but so much more
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Plumster wrote:I haven't tried modified citrus pectin, but it seems worth looking into for those of us with heavy metals toxicity:

Gundry has had us on MCP for 3 or 4 years. He also thinks it helps with the gut and gut biome. He looks at our Galectin 3 (blood test) as a metric (his interpretation and use of this test is non-standard).
Tincup
E3,E4
Creekside
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Creekside »

Tincup wrote:
Plumster wrote:I haven't tried modified citrus pectin, but it seems worth looking into for those of us with heavy metals toxicity:

Gundry has had us on MCP for 3 or 4 years. He also thinks it helps with the gut and gut biome. He looks at our Galectin 3 (blood test) as a metric (his interpretation and use of this test is non-standard).
Does the brand matter?
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Creekside wrote:
Does the brand matter?[/quote]

Gundry told us ( and I think it is one of our transcripts here, that they were all the same and to get the cheapest. He also said Swansons brand was the least expensive.
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I had also listened to Wendy Myer's interview with the maker of Pectasol-C. He makes the point that the studies are using Pectasol-C and says that any brand selling for significantly less money can't be truly modified the way it needs to be. Naturally he has skin in the game, but I can't decide whether to save money or not. I had tried the Now brand after Dr. Grundry recommended I take is some years back now, but I thought I had a histamine reaction to it so quit. After listening to the interview I wanted to use MCP again so pulled out my Now brand. Again it seems my histamine symptoms kicked up. Either that's coincidence (very possible), or maybe it's isn't modified to the point that Pectasol is. Which I knew more.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

circular wrote:I had also listened to Wendy Myer's interview with the maker of Pectasol-C. He makes the point that the studies are using Pectasol-C and says that any brand selling for significantly less money can't be truly modified the way it needs to be. Naturally he has skin in the game, but I can't decide whether to save money or not. I had tried the Now brand after Dr. Grundry recommended I take is some years back now, but I thought I had a histamine reaction to it so quit. After listening to the interview I wanted to use MCP again so pulled out my Now brand. Again it seems my histamine symptoms kicked up. Either that's coincidence (very possible), or maybe it's isn't modified to the point that Pectasol is. Which I knew more.
I looked up patents for Isaac Eliaz https://patents.justia.com/inventor/isaac-eliaz, and they all appear to be methods and use patents. Pectasol-C only appears to be a trademark. Doesn't mean they don't make it differently, only that I could not find where the manufacturing of it is patented. The Pectasol marketing materials refer to being "protected" by patents, but the ones listed are the methods and use ones.
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Tincup wrote:
circular wrote:I had also listened to Wendy Myer's interview with the maker of Pectasol-C. He makes the point that the studies are using Pectasol-C and says that any brand selling for significantly less money can't be truly modified the way it needs to be. Naturally he has skin in the game, but I can't decide whether to save money or not. I had tried the Now brand after Dr. Grundry recommended I take is some years back now, but I thought I had a histamine reaction to it so quit. After listening to the interview I wanted to use MCP again so pulled out my Now brand. Again it seems my histamine symptoms kicked up. Either that's coincidence (very possible), or maybe it's isn't modified to the point that Pectasol is. Which I knew more.
I looked up patents for Isaac Eliaz https://patents.justia.com/inventor/isaac-eliaz, and they all appear to be methods and use patents. Pectasol-C only appears to be a trademark. Doesn't mean they don't make it differently, only that I could not find where the manufacturing of it is patented. The Pectasol marketing materials refer to being "protected" by patents, but the ones listed are the methods and use ones.
Hmmm, thanks, I guess I’m none the wiser?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Tincup wrote: I looked up patents for Isaac Eliaz https://patents.justia.com/inventor/isaac-eliaz, and they all appear to be methods and use patents. Pectasol-C only appears to be a trademark. Doesn't mean they don't make it differently, only that I could not find where the manufacturing of it is patented. The Pectasol marketing materials refer to being "protected" by patents, but the ones listed are the methods and use ones.
I just listened to the interview at top of thread and afterwards looked at patent numbers for Dr Eliaz as well as for the Now product. I found they have this patent number in common : 8426567. Dr Eliaz has several other patents as well; Now brand only lists this patent number for its MCP.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

floramaria wrote: they have this patent number in common : 8426567. Dr Eliaz has several other patents as well; Now brand only lists this patent number for its MCP.
8426567 incorporates by reference several manufacturing patents: "U.S. Pat. Nos. 6,274,566 and 6,462,029, incorporated herein by reference in their entirety, disclose among other things the manufacture and use of compositions comprising low molecular weight modified pectins, including MCP and POS, and low molecular weight modified alginates. These patents particularly disclose the manufacture and use of chemically or enzymatically modified pectins and alginates having an average molecular weight of 40,000 daltons or less." For this patent, Inventor: Isaac Eliaz, Current Assignee: Econugenics Inc (which I think is owned by Eliaz). I'm guessing NOW and the other companies that reference the patent license it from Econugenics. This may be why Gundry says they all use the same method. Here is the patent.
Tincup
E3,E4