K2 MK4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
LeanneArnold
Contributor
Contributor

K2 MK4

Post by LeanneArnold »

I'm 52, APOE 4/4 and have had 3 mild heart attacks (5 stents) so cardiovascular disease and plaques are a concern. I tried taking K2 MK7 and it caused terrible heart palpitations. I thought I'd try K2 MK4 instead. The brand I ordered is a capsule that is 15000mcg (15mg). I've seen various recommended doses with some being much less than 15mg a day. I am totally confused. Is one 15mg pill a day sufficient? Should I take it every other day? Can't find what is recommended for a 4/4 with cardiovascular disease. Thanks!
Leanne Arnold (age 52)
APOE4/4
3 Heart Attacks (First one age 44)
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: K2 MK4

Post by ru442 »

Leanne you may want to consider taking Arterosil, my FMD recommended due to my very high CAC score (I have plague, but my stress tests showed no blockage). You will need your practitioner to refer you to their site so you can order ($79).

https://arterosil.com/
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Creekside
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Creekside »

ru442 wrote:Leanne you may want to consider taking Arterosil, my FMD recommended due to my very high CAC score (I have plague, but my stress tests showed no blockage). You will need your practitioner to refer you to their site so you can order ($79).

https://arterosil.com/
...if you've really got plague, you might need to find a different website! :o
sandyt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sandyt »

Excellent information and recommendations at https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/blog/201 ... -resource/
sandyt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sandyt »

Another thought...I also got palpitations with mk7. I switched to a different brand and the palpitations went away.
donbob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donbob »

I eat natto for K2. It's found in one ounce frozen patties in Asian food stores. I mix mine in with my avacado and other goodies. Chris Masterjohn has a great post on K2 and natto, but I acquired my taste for the stuff while living in Japan for three years. Good luck your journey to better health.
DonBob
e3e4
aphorist
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by aphorist »

In Japan, K2 MK4 is a standard choice for treatment of osteoporosis. Dosing is usually 45 mg based on studies there. I only take 5 mg a day and have no cardiac issues and maybe some mild osteoarthritis.
sarahb12
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by sarahb12 »

FYI, I think the recommended dosingfor mk4 is different than MK7 (mK7 considerably less) , which sometimes leads to confusion.
E3/E4