Interpreting Labcorps Mold IGG panel

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Interpreting Labcorps Mold IGG panel

Post by Daymoo »

Hello,

Anyone do this test? Mine all came back high, with half over 17. (The normal is 0-2). One was in the 40s. Strangely, my doctor said, OH this is just to measure ongoing environmental exposure,
and then moved on. It seems to me, looking back at the tests, that I am “positive” for this exposure. Does it mean I am allergic to normal mold levels (Northern California coast) in the way that some people are allergic to pollens? Or does it mean I am “sensitive” as in someone with MCAS? Or does it indicate high levels in my house (I did a HERTSMI a while ago and it was borderline high; I’ve been running filters since then.) My C Reactive Protein is low, and my mold toxin levels in urine (post-challenge collection) have steadily gone down; I just have a slight bit of Ochratoxin left. But I still have chronic sinusitis. So— how would YOU interpret this Labcorps test? Thanks!
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Interpreting Labcorps Mold IGG panel

Post by TheBrain »

Daymoo wrote:Hello,

Anyone do this test? Mine all came back high, with half over 17. (The normal is 0-2). One was in the 40s. Strangely, my doctor said, OH this is just to measure ongoing environmental exposure,
and then moved on. It seems to me, looking back at the tests, that I am “positive” for this exposure. Does it mean I am allergic to normal mold levels (Northern California coast) in the way that some people are allergic to pollens? Or does it mean I am “sensitive” as in someone with MCAS? Or does it indicate high levels in my house (I did a HERTSMI a while ago and it was borderline high; I’ve been running filters since then.) My C Reactive Protein is low, and my mold toxin levels in urine (post-challenge collection) have steadily gone down; I just have a slight bit of Ochratoxin left. But I still have chronic sinusitis. So— how would YOU interpret this Labcorps test? Thanks!
Daymoo,

I’m not familiar with this test, but my understanding is that true allergies are IgE mediated, not IgG mediated. Pollen allergies are IgE mediated. See below. Delayed food sensitivity reactions, for example, are IgG mediated. So the immune system is at work, but it’s a different mechanism. So I suspect you don’t have mold allergies similar to pollen allergies.

I understand that people like me who are mold sensitive (I have two mold-susceptible haplotypes) don’t create antibodies to remove mycotoxins from molds from the body (or they are at least impaired at doing so, I’d assume, especially if they have just one haplotype). I wonder if you being positive on all those molds means your body is doing its job, given your exposure to mold. I don’t know what it says about mold levels in your house.

How long have you been under treatment for mold toxicity? Does LabCorp offer free consultations on test results? I suspect not. Great Plains does. If you’ve gotten your urine mycotoxins testing done through them, maybe you could request a free consultation. You could discuss your results overall and bring up the IgG testing and ask if the person knows what it means.

I recently consulted with a Great Plains expert. She only had my latest test results in hand, but I had the results from my previous two tests and verbally told her my numbers. She was able to offer her interpretation, suspicions, and suggestions based on that.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... une-system
Allergens can be inhaled, ingested, or enter through the skin. Common allergic reactions, such as hay fever, certain types of asthma, and hives are linked to an antibody produced by the body called immunoglobulin E (IgE). Each IgE antibody can be very specific, reacting against certain pollens and other allergens. In other words, a person can be allergic to one type of pollen, but not another. When a susceptible person is exposed to an allergen, the body starts producing a large quantity of similar IgE antibodies. The next exposure to the same allergen may result in an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction will vary depending on the type and amount of allergen encountered and the manner in which the body's immune system reacts to that allergen.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Interpreting Labcorps Mold IGG panel

Post by Daymoo »

Thanks, TheBrain— will call Great Plains ..
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman