determining which type of alzheimer's predisposition

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Kisti
Contributor
Contributor

determining which type of alzheimer's predisposition

Post by Kisti »

I recently discovered I'm ApoE 3/4 and am still reading Bredesen's book and learning a lot about Alzheimer's. I'm currently 36 yrs old, asymptomatic, and have no first degree relatives diagnosed (one grandparent had Parkinsons and Alzheimer's). Is there any point, or is it even possible, to assess which subtype of Alzheimer's I would develop?

Right now I'm leaning toward type 1 or 2. I haven't had any sugar/insulin issues yet (and two recent pregnancies with no gestational diabetes). No big toxin exposures that I'm aware of (I have one filling that is metal in appearance, I still have to check with my dentist to see if it's mercury).

Thanks!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: determining which type of alzheimer's predisposition

Post by slacker »

Kisti wrote:I recently discovered I'm ApoE 3/4 and am still reading Bredesen's book and learning a lot about Alzheimer's. I'm currently 36 yrs old, asymptomatic, and have no first degree relatives diagnosed (one grandparent had Parkinsons and Alzheimer's). Is there any point, or is it even possible, to assess which subtype of Alzheimer's I would develop?
I don't think there is a way to predict which subtype of AD you might develop. If you do the labs that are recommended by Dr B , and some are abnormal, this gives you some predictive information. If you develop pre-diabetes in 10 years, this is a red flag. If you live in a moldy house, this could lead to type 3 AD. Type 1 is most common, and responds to lifestyle changes in many cases. You are currently young and healthy. You may want to focus on nutrition, sleep, exercise and stress management, and possibly get some basic labs recommended by Dr Stavia in the Primer .
Slacker
E4/E4
JudyH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JudyH »

I agree with Slacker. At 36, I had no idea which subtype I might lean towards. At approximately 56 years old I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. That at least gave me some areas I needed to work on and improve. It is still not the complete answer or predictor of the future for me. Enjoy life, live as healthy a life as possible now and wait to see what the future holds in terms of your own health and useful information gained on this journey. I am only 6 months into the knowledge that I am e3/e4 and have reversed my pre-diabetes completely through lifestyle changes and am working on more positive changes to improve my health and longevity.
e3/e4
No family history of AD, they drop dead of heart attacks in their early 40's!
Celiac and Hashimotos
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

JudyH wrote:I agree with Slacker. At 36, I had no idea which subtype I might lean towards. At approximately 56 years old I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. ..... I am only 6 months into the knowledge that I am e3/e4 and have reversed my pre-diabetes completely through lifestyle changes and am working on more positive changes to improve my health and longevity.
That is great news! Congratulations, JudyH, on successfully reversing your pre-diabetes in 6 months.