Updates to Dr Bredesen's Protocol

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Updates to Dr Bredesen's Protocol

Post by Daymoo »

Julie G wrote:Thank you , Theresa! I'm pretty sure the fasting insulin was a misspeak and <4.5 still stands. The A1c is correct. The new goal is <5.3. There will be other updated goals in the new book. Dr. Bredesen has long spoke of the other two subtypes (vascular & traumatic) but I guess they didn't make the last book :?.
Julie, can you clarify? What is an optimal HbA1c?
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

In the new book, Dr B will change the hbA1c goal from <5.7 to <5.3.
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

Julie G wrote:
thjj wrote:Thank you—this is great! Did Dr. Bredesen mention anything about decaffeinated coffee? Is it ok for E4's to drink?
Sneak peek from the new book: Coffee is great, associated with longevity and better cognition. Keep it under 4 cups so as not to increase homocysteine and before noon. It really does affect the quality of your sleep if you drink it later in the day. And, alcohol? We already know the E4 story. Overwhelming evidence suggests that it's particularly bad for our genotype. If you are going to cheat, go with an organic zero sugar, low alcohol dry red like that sold by Dry Farms Wine.
Thanks to all the info here, I'm going to start drinking more decaffeinated coffee but NO coffee past noon, since ya'll confirmed that it's ok (I wasn't sure about the chemical process of decaffeination). I'm one of the folks who thought coffee wasn't affecting my sleep even if I drank it late in the afternoon. That explains why I often sleep 25-75% semi-awake, especially as I get older:-[] And Julie―Dry Farms Wine definitely sounds "Mouthwateringly Delicious," as they purport; thanks for the recommendation
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

:-[] And Julie―Dry Farms Wine definitely sounds "Mouthwateringly Delicious," as they purport; thanks for the recommendation
Remember, it's a cheat for E4s! :roll:
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

If they’re still editing Dr. Bredesen’s book, they might consider, if he has an opinion, clarifying how many ounces he means by a ‘cup’ of coffee. I *think* in research circles a cup of coffee or tea is six ounces, easily 1/2 what many people’s idea of cup is. Not positive about that.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

NewRon

Post by NewRon »

Screenshot_20190619_144003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

LOL, love this! I'll make a push to cover both issues in the book.
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

Just wanted to say that it's been about a week since I stopped drinking coffee after noon, and my sleep has gotten ~50% much better! And I haven't even started drinking Decaf yet, so it will probably even get better. This forum is great :D
· • She/her · • ·
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

thjj wrote:Just wanted to say that it's been about a week since I stopped drinking coffee after noon, and my sleep has gotten ~50% much better! And I haven't even started drinking Decaf yet, so it will probably even get better. This forum is great :D
Good job!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

Julie G wrote: Sneak peek from the new book: Coffee is great, associated with longevity and better cognition. Keep it under 4 cups so as not to increase homocysteine and before noon. It really does affect the quality of your sleep if you drink it later in the day.
hi Julie, in Dr. Bredesen' s 1st book I think you mentioned you drank a cup of coffee every morning. Do you still do the same?
· • She/her · • ·