Updates to Dr Bredesen's Protocol

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Cat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Updates to Dr Bredesen's Protocol

Post by Cat »

TheresaB wrote:
  • *He cites 6 types of Alzheimer's: (1) inflammatory (2) atrophic (1.5) glycotoxic (3) toxic (4) vascular and (5) traumatic. Vascular and traumatic are new since publication of his book
Thank you for posting this information Theresa. I am a newcomer so I just found it.

I am wondering if you know if more information about the traumatic type has been published and where. Is there an update to the book in the works?
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Cat wrote: am wondering if you know if more information about the traumatic type has been published and where. Is there an update to the book in the works?
There is an update to the book in the works, I don't know the contents it will cover other than I've heard it will address how to practice the protocol. Also, to my knowledge there is no release date yet, last I heard was a tentative around the first of the year.

I think what he is referring to with the traumatic type is referring to traumatic brain injuries.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Great to hear about the support for coffee - I personally enjoy one MUG per day (organic and responsibly sourced) and usually drink it between 10-11 am. I am also careful to be sure I eat something beforehand (coffee is very acidic). I start my day with warm water with freshly squeezed organic lemon, a half of teaspoon of glycine and a high quality Vitamin C powder (Vitality C by American Nutriceuticals, LLC).

Will Bredesen's next book highlight the importance of the TYPE of coffee and what people should (or shouldn't) add to it? I know there is a good amount of information out there about coffee and mold, so I'm wondering if he'll also bring this to light even more.

I am trying to wean myself from using any sweeteners (I currently use Monkfruit or Stevia - they are organic/whole leaf) and a coconut creamer (with no guar gum). However, this is a huge improvement from the extra sugar and cream that I used to order daily from Dunkin' years ago!
Last edited by CoachDD on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Flo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Flo »

Cat wrote:I am a newcomer so I just found it.
?
Welcome Cat!
It's great that you are already finding your way around the site!
If you need any more help in making the most of the site, the How-to guide is a great place to find all sorts of information.
If you haven't found it already, the Primer is a fantastic place to start, written by a member physician.
And of course, we'd love to get to know you better, so please feel free to share your story here.
If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to ask!
Warmly,
Flo
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

Creekside wrote:So weird. My parents drank coffee from breakfast until shortly before bedtime, and they seemed to sleep like logs. Meanwhile, if I dare a cup of coffee at 1:30 pm, I most definitely feel an impact at bedtime.
I used to drink caffeine all day...I joked, truthfully, that I could drink a Monster energy drink half an hour before bed and sleep all night through. I saw no difference with or without caffeine. I took green tea diet pills pretty much daily.

When I started tracking my deep sleep and REM I found out that although I might be asleep my body wasn't doing what it needed to keep my brain sharp. 12 minutes of deep sleep wasn't gonna cut it in the long run & there's no telling what damage I did to my poor brain.

I have cut out all energy drinks, the green tea pills and only drink tea in the morning for breakfast. My body handles caffeine so well I didn't even get a headache when I stopped cold turkey. Soooo...I think we may sleep like logs but our brains are also logs :-)
Cat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cat »

TheresaB wrote:
I think what he is referring to with the traumatic type is referring to traumatic brain injuries.
Thanks for the quick response TheresaB.

I was implying traumatic brain injuries as well. I am curious how a classification of this type can be made, other than history. What type of tests are helpful and what markers are being looked at. I'll keep looking to see if he will provide more info in the future, it would be very helpful.
Cat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cat »

Flo wrote: Welcome Cat!
It's great that you are already finding your way around the site!
If you need any more help in making the most of the site, the How-to guide is a great place to find all sorts of information.
If you haven't found it already, the Primer is a fantastic place to start, written by a member physician.
And of course, we'd love to get to know you better, so please feel free to share your story here.
If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to ask!
Warmly,
Flo
Thank you for the welcome and the references, Flo!. I'm looking forward to learning here.