Silver in towels, such as Norwex beneficial?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Luk'n4Help
Contributor
Contributor

Silver in towels, such as Norwex beneficial?

Post by Luk'n4Help »

We recently were given a set of Norwex towels that have 10% silver in them. They are advertised as being environmentally friendly. But is the added exposure to the silver beneficial or hazardous for mental health? Thanks.
Hboroughs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Silver in towels, such as Norwex beneficial?

Post by Hboroughs »

I absolutely LOVE my Norwex towels and sure hope they are not unsafe! They advertise the silver particles as being "micro" instead of "nano" meaning they cannot penetrate skin. Their website says this:

"Over the lifecycle of the Norwex microfiber (a minimum of 2 years), the small amount of silver (less than 1mg) in the cloth gradually breaks down and some of it is washed away. This amount of silver is very small. In fact, it actually amounts to the same quantity of silver that you may consume from your food over a 30-day period of time"

I also love the Norwex enzyme detergent. If anyone knows of anything unsafe about the products I would love to know it, because I bought them because I thought they were safer than using conventional soaps/detergents. I don't use any soap at all on my face anymore. Just a wipe with the Norwex towel.

Thanks for bringing this up!
Luk'n4Help
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Silver in towels, such as Norwex beneficial?

Post by Luk'n4Help »

Thanks much for your thoughts! I appreciate them. Re the effectiveness of the Norwex and other similar towels to fight bacteria, I found this site informative: http://www.dranniesexperiments.com/clea ... kill-germs. But I am hoping that someone will be able to weigh in on the health benefits/risks of the silver in these towels. I, too, hope they are good!