If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

Taking calcium channel blockers for high blood pressure

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Taking calcium channel blockers for high blood pressure

Postby Berri » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 pm

My P.C. is recommending I take amlodipine, aka Norvasc, to treat my high blood pressure, a new thing for me in the last three years. I was always 120/60. Now I run in the 140s or 150s over 70s and 80s.

Can anyone advise me? I searched through the Kindle version of Bredesen's book and could find nothing about this issue. And nothing in our wiki.

Thanks, Berri

slacker
Mod
Mod

Re: Taking calcium channel blockers for high blood pressure

Postby slacker » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:32 am

Berri wrote:My P.C. is recommending I take amlodipine, aka Norvasc, to treat my high blood pressure, a new thing for me in the last three years. I was always 120/60. Now I run in the 140s or 150s over 70s and 80s.

Can anyone advise me? I searched through the Kindle version of Bredesen's book and could find nothing about this issue. And nothing in our wiki.

If you do a search on "calcium channel blockers" you will find prior conversations/threads on the subject. Click on the magnifying glass in the right upper tool bar.
Slacker
E4/E4

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”