an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Mod
Mod

Re: RE: Re: an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Postby Stavia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

progranulindefect wrote:stavia, what is your exercise routine like now? how do you protect against exercise-related injuries?
Pro, I do boxing now. It's hitting bags and in pairs using pads. I find it great for fitness and coordination and its really fun. Its a very disciplined professional club that I belong to and I'm in no danger of getting hit.

To protect my head I don't ski anymore. I'm sad about this. I also am extremely careful when walking on uneven ground or stairs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

progranulindefect
Contributor
Contributor

Re: an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Postby progranulindefect » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm

In your boxing club is it against the rules to hit the head area?

Stavia
Mod
Mod

Re: RE: Re: an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Postby Stavia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 pm

progranulindefect wrote:In your boxing club is it against the rules to hit the head area?
Only the top level boxers are allowed to spar and only with head protection. The lower level members aren't allowed to hit anything other than pads held by another member or bags hanging from the ceiling. No body contact allowed whatsoever. Its perfectly safe. I havent been even accidentally touched even on my shoulder or hip ever.
PS. last night I stayed late and helped with training the top members - tried to punch them in the forehead while they ducked or blocked. omg such fun! they are sooo fast! and sooo strong!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

progranulindefect
Contributor
Contributor

Re: an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Postby progranulindefect » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 pm

my daughter wanted to do amateur boxing. i discouraged her from it because i am not convinced that the protective headgear is protective enough. i certainly would never try to hit someone in the head, even if they had on protective headgear, unless i was in a threatening situation and i had to protect myself for real.
https://www.wired.com/2016/08/olympic-b ... r-anymore/

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”