an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Post by bentkat »

Stavia,

You are the cover girl for recovered head injury. What an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Gotta go and get on the treadmill.
Hope to meet you someday.

Bentkat
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Russ, I have tried ketosis as an experiment for the past month, didn't notice any cognitive difference but I'm almost completely recovered now. About to experiment either with James or Gilgameshs regimes.
And thanks guys for your comments :)
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gina99 »

Stavia, Thanks for sharing so many deails. It really puts things into perspective. We all have choices, and you pulled yourself up and perservered. I hope that for all of us, keep trying despite what others may say or do.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

I love your story and admire your courage and perseverance. Congratulations on your recovery.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Your story made me realize that I should go ahead and mountain bike the trails, not to dominated by fear of a head injury. Thanks for being such an inspiration.
Sandraz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandraz »

I am in awe of your spirit. Puts things in perspective. Thanks for sharing.
Sandra Z
E4,E4
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

Stavia, I'm giving you a standing ovation!!!! Thank you for sharing such personal things with us. Hope to all.

Asia
SweetSue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SweetSue »

Thank you for sharing Stevia. Your story really does give us hope. I had the kind of day where I wondered if all my diet and exercise efforts were gonna make a darn bit of difference. I just read your story and it gave me hope and inspiration. You're awesome! I'm getting on the treadmill right now. Thanks!

Susan
4/4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Stavia, I recently came across this post about your brain healing journey, and WOW. You are proof that yes, indeed, an E4 brain can heal. I'm so sorry you had his experience, but thank you for sharing your inspiring story of healing.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: an E4/E4 brain CAN recover

Post by Stavia »

Stavia wrote:Russ, I have tried ketosis as an experiment for the past month, didn't notice any cognitive difference but I'm almost completely recovered now. About to experiment either with James or Gilgameshs regimes.
And thanks guys for your comments :)
Two years after I posted this - yes, mild ketosis does definitely improve my cognition. And I think I've had some more functional gains. But still when I push myself beyond what I can sustain I become dysarthric, dizzy and clumsy.
Very interesting.
Thanks Alysson :)