Xcode Life vs Promethease and other raw data analyzers

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
RossGH
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Xcode Life vs Promethease and other raw data analyzers

Post by RossGH »

This year (2019) Promethease revised their report to delete many items. Reportedly his was due to FDA suggestion/pressure. Apparently they deleted some SNP's/reports that involved/suggested drug/supplement usage.

I found this when I went to update my Promethease report before their transition to the new company in November of this year. My 2015 and 2017 Promethease reports were similar with some updates. The 2019 report was substantially different with about 1/3 of what I considered the significant items deleted/not longer reported. Searching the 2019 Promethease report for the specific missing SNPs turned up nothing.

I also did the Rhonda Patrick report. I compared it to the 2019 Promethease report and it was different. This is what led me to check prior Promethease report and discover the differences. The reason for the differences ( i.e. FDA) was found on an internet blog, so it's not for sure.

I found the earlier Promethease reports to be useful and reasonably understandable - with further research. Two things I liked are their Magnititude rating and the Frequency value which are missing (as I recall) from Rhonda Patrick's report.

In short - don't discard your older Promethease reports.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Jmac wrote: I have been listening to Dr. Ben Lynch off & on. Finally decided to pop my raw data into his data analyzer, Strategene. It costs $45 (have a discount code, MOM2EL which knocked it down to $40something). Just downloaded. I'll let you know if it pops up with something different than the other two. I watched his video on what you rec'd with it and it seems it will be much more comprehensive, give more info.
Hi Jmac, what do you think of Strategene now that you have had a chance to look at it? Did you learn anything new from it that you find helpful in guiding your health decisions?
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

floramaria wrote:Hi Jmac, what do you think of Strategene now that you have had a chance to look at it? Did you learn anything new from it that you find helpful in guiding your health decisions?
Well...it looks pretty but I still haven't figured out what it means :-) It is like a flow chart on top of a flow chart, lots of arrows and colors that have meaning. He has a list of doctors who can interpret. and more info on how to do it. However, with the holidays I haven't been able to focus on it. Right now I'd say it's not for those who haven't delved deeply into all the terminology, how the body works, know their stuff, etc.

I joined his private Facebook group, and I think I mentioned I bought his book. As soon as things settle a bit I'm going to give it my full focus and see if I can pull some gems out of it. Glad I did it AFTER I had all the other info.

p.s. happy to share with you if you'd like to see what he sent.