Endocrine disrupters and detox

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Surupe
Contributor
Contributor

Endocrine disrupters and detox

Post by Surupe »

Hi all,
I have been going through some testing per the protocol and during this process started having horrid head rushes, bouts of high blood pressure, anxiety and insomnia. It turns out I have a tumor on my thyroid, Cushing’s disease and my sex hormones are not responding to HRT. Basically, my endocrine system is a mess.
Is it possible that all these problems could be due to pesticide exposure? I lived in the crap hole of California where I was bathed in pesticides daily by crop dusters. My hometown also has the worst air quality in the nation.
If this is the cause, would detox help after 40 years of exposure?
Thanks, friends!
E4/E4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Endocrine disrupters and detox

Post by TheresaB »

I'm not sure what you mean by "the protocol" but I would imagine pesticide exposure, which is a toxin/endocrine disruptor could be a contributor. There are no single drivers to complicated issues. Dr Bredesen, author of "The End of Alzheimer's" uses an analogy of 36 holes in the roof and how you need to plug a number of the holes to make a difference with less rain coming into your home, plugging only one hole make little to no difference. Dr Nasha Winters, author of "The Metabolic Approach to Cancer" talks about the "Terrain Ten" in that there are 10 areas which drive to cancer and she emphasizes that you can't address just one.

So it's hard to say, but certainly, detoxing would likely be good strategy. Hopefully you are working with a good doctor, (preferably functional). Dr Bredesen emphasizes that a key to his protocol is testing and identifying the "low hanging fruit." So if that testing identifies mold exposure is high, but let's say you're HbA1c is low, well then you target mold and don't waste initial efforts on lowering blood glucose levels.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4