Carnivore Diet and APOE4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Carnivore Diet and APOE4

Post by Jnanney44 »

Thought this podcast by Dr. Paul Saladino was worth sharing. I’ve been experimenting with a carnivore diet for the last 2 months. I’ll be running some bloodwork soon!

APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Carnivore Diet and APOE4

Post by TheresaB »

Hey Jnanney44, I have listened to an interview with Dr Saladino (not the one you posted) and lots of talks/interviews from Amber O'Hearn who's a "devout" carnivore, and have talked with a number of folks (low carb conferences) who have relayed amazing stories of health turnarounds after going carnivore.

So I find the carnivore diet fascinating and it appears to be a really effective cleansing diet, but personally I'm not convinced it is a good, long term diet for 4's, but hey, we all have to make our own decisions based on our own research and data. I did think you might find this thread interesting. Zero carb diet will help prevent Alzheimer’s
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Robhypno
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Robhypno »

It’s a very good podcast and interesting perspective on E4
emmabarton
Contributor
Contributor

Post by emmabarton »

I didn't watch this particular podcast yet, but I've also listened to a few on the carnivore diet and find the idea really fascinating. I'm going to look forward to hearing more about your continued personal experience! :)
healing happens in relationship
Barry Pearson
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Barry Pearson »

I've posted elsewhere about my own experiences and tests of the Carnivore Diet.
Here I want to provide more information and resources specifically about "Carnivore Diet" itself

The most comprehensive resource is the website: https://meatrx.com/
It was only created recently, but incorporates an earlier "Meat Heals" website.

Have a look at the "Community/Library" menu. That grows each time I look at it!
Apart from the success stories, it is building up a library of research material

There is a little about Alzheimer's Disease. And even a mention of ApoE4! (But for Ketongenic Diet).
https://meatrx.com/category/research-ar ... -research/
This will expand. I suspect it will mostly link to material already known here. (But who knows?)

If anyone plans to use the "Carnivore Diet" in January 2020, it appears to be a good idea to sign the simple questionnaire on the site.
(Each January is "Carnivore Month!).
A intention is to get serious scientific studies underway "soon". That sounds constructive.

International Conferences:

The first International Carnivory Conference was held in the US in 2019.
It was organised by L. Amber O'Hearn, who has been Carnivore for mental and physical reasons from 2008.
Videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaGCra ... s0A/videos

Two International Carnivory Conferences are scheduled for 2020: one in the US, the other in Sweden.

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with creating the website, and I have no control over it.
But I make a small monthly contribution as a Member because I believe we all need such a resource.