An interesting study opportunity

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

An interesting study opportunity

Post by mike »

Using a combination a light and sound, that seems to me to be mimicking deep sleep, they have been able to clear AB plaque very quickly with marked memory improvement in mice. Now they are trying out in humans to see if they get similar results.

https://www.nj.com/healthfit/2019/08/me ... e-can.html
When this gamma oscillation was used on mice with an Alzheimer’s-like condition, the MIT scientists got unexpectedly good results. The synchronized light and sound modulated the brain waves of the mice in a way that unleashed waste-cleansing cells in the brain, washing away large swaths of amyloid plaque.

These mice had the equivalent of advanced Alzheimer’s and yet after just one week of treatment, they showed significant improvement in memory and regained the ability to navigate a maze they previously were getting lost in.
While I believe AB plaque is not the root cause of AD, it could be the final straw that tips the balance for many individuals. This could be an effective therapy for those already showing symptoms of MCI and AD. If I had appreciable amounts of AB plaque as seen in PET scans, I would seriously consider this trial.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: An interesting study opportunity

Post by floramaria »

mike wrote:Using a combination a light and sound, that seems to me to be mimicking deep sleep, they have been able to clear AB plaque very quickly with marked memory improvement in mice. Now they are trying out in humans to see if they get similar results.
Very interesting. I’ve read studies using light (Vielight) and some using sound, but haven’t seen them combined like this. Thanks for posting the link.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Roamingseer
Contributor
Contributor

Re: An interesting study opportunity

Post by Roamingseer »

Interesting Mike. I think my hyperlink refers to the earlier study- https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... rs-at-bay/. What’s interesting is this- “When Tsai dissected the mice brains afterward, the amount of amyloid plaques and tau tangles in the mice that saw the light had plummeted.”