New Book about Fasting, Exercising, reprogramming cells

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

New Book about Fasting, Exercising, reprogramming cells

Post by buck3Maureen »

Review of a new book by David Sinclair, Ph.D. a professor of genetics and co-director of the Paul F. Glenn Center for the Biology of Aging at Harvard Medical School, sounds fascinating.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... =698850914
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Book about Fasting, Exercising, reprogramming cells

Post by Jmac »

buck3Maureen wrote:Review of a new book by David Sinclair, Ph.D. a professor of genetics and co-director of the Paul F. Glenn Center for the Biology of Aging at Harvard Medical School, sounds fascinating.
There are two great podcasts with Sinclair that convinced me to add Resveratrol & NMN to my daily supplements. One is with Joe Rogan, the other is with Rich Roll. There are a ton of them out there but those two pretty much cover all bases. I am ordering the book & have a Google Alert set up with his name.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Dr Mercola also recently interviewed Dr Sinclair, very interesting, looking forward to this book release. Thanks for sharing.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

I've got my Audible credit at the ready! Now, when do we get to read Peter Attia's thoughts on similar matters?
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

The hypothesis Dr. Konrad Howitz and I came up with, which we published in Cell [in] 2005 … is called xenohormesis. It’s the idea that we’ve evolved to sense our environment, and molecules produced by plants and bacteria in our environment when they’re stressed.

If we consume those or put them on our skin, for example, our bodies will recognize those. We’ve evolved to sense our world around us. That’s a very good way of getting a heads up if your plants are running out of nutrients or the water table is drying up …
Sinclair goes on to talk about how plants offer a variety of healing properties because of these plant molecules, but I was like, hmm, makes me wonder what signals conventionally farmed plants are sending us. :shock:
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

If you are on Dr. Peter Attia mailing list you probably know he released today the podcast with Dr. Sinclair
They will be taking about his new book.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

I just purchased my audiobook copy. The Peter Attia podcast was fantastic.

Here is a link to the company that sells test kits if you want to know your methylation/epigenetic age. I purchased one and of course am a bit afraid of what I will find. At the same time I’m looking forward to it. What an incredible tool, especially if done once a year which is my intention.

https://www.mydnage.com/
ε4/ε4