Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Post by Tincup »

I'm curious what the Dreem2 does in this regard (transmitting data).
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm curious what the Dreem2 does in this regard (transmitting data).
No wifi unless it is charging. Read more here.
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

Thanks for sharing info on Dreem 2 and also the info on the discount. I picked one up at the discounted rate and have used it twice thus far. It takes a bit getting used to on the first night but it wasn't too bad last night. So far it seems to do everything advertised and I like seeing the deep sleep data. I had been using an iOS app which was fine for tracking heart rate and HRV but had nothing to track sleep stages.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

SoCalGuy wrote:Thanks for sharing info on Dreem 2 and also the info on the discount. I picked one up at the discounted rate and have used it twice thus far. It takes a bit getting used to on the first night but it wasn't too bad last night. So far it seems to do everything advertised and I like seeing the deep sleep data. I had been using an iOS app which was fine for tracking heart rate and HRV but had nothing to track sleep stages.
I also got one, I tried to use it one night, but not sure I got any data. Have been traveling & busy, so haven't taken the time to sort it out yet. Think I have an app issue, may delete and reinstall.
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Mine was unable to be charged. Not sure if the issue was the charger or the headband. I had a bit of a hard time getting customer service interested in helping me. Apparently, I finally have a new one on the way... one day!

BTW, I did learn that it has continuous pulse oximetry, but doesn't report oxygen saturation- huh? :? I'm hopeful that an update to the app will eventually yield that data. In the meantime, it does show episodes of stopped breathing during the night and rates them as to severity. Better than nothing, but I'm hoping for more in the future.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I finally wore the Dreem2 last night and have to admit the sleep report was pretty cool. It gave me information on my sleep length, how long it took me to fall asleep, sleep stages (deep, REM & light), awakenings, and position changes, average HR, and breathes per minute. Sadly, nothing reported on oxygen saturation despite the fact that it's apparently tracked.

Lots of experts suggest that sleep quality is a good indicator of overall health and wellness and this recent report from Matthew Walker suggests the amount of deep sleep can be predictive of later AD development. Might be a good metric for us all to track.
Yobetty
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Yobetty »

Hi Julie - I just started using an Oura Ring. I found that my deep sleep phase was alarmingly low, sometimes as little as 20 minutes. I started mixing up supplements - adding 3mg melatonin, taking away CBD oil, doubling down on CBD oil. No changes. THEN, I stopped taking LDN. Fixed it. I went from ~45 minutes of very fractured deep sleep per night to a more consistent pattern and at least twice as long - from 1.5 to over 2 hours per night. It has made a huge difference in the way I feel the next day - like WOW! I take LDN for Hashimoto's, so now I'll have a discussion w/ my doc (a Bredesen practioner) about what is more important, autoimmune antibodies or deep sleep.
QUESTION: any thoughts about the optimal level of deep sleep or deep sleep patterns in regard to brain recovery for apoe4 folks?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Congrats, Yobetty! That's a huge improvement. Out of curiosity, what time were you taking your LDN? I know some folks have to take it in the AM as it disrupts sleep. My perfect time is right before bed. If I take it too early, I wake up too early. It gives him a huge amount of morning energy.

As far as the perfect amount of deep sleep, I don't have the answer; not sure anyone knows definitively. The average adult gets between 1-2 hours per night and we know the more the merrier for AD prevention. You're at the top end which is fabulous. Keep in mind that while the Oura Ring is an excellent tracker, Matthew Walker claims it's only 60% accurate, but my guess is it may be a bit better than that.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

I am wearing the FitBit Versa 2 which is unfortunately bluetooth connected but the information on oxygen levels is mind boggling. In addition to basic sleep information and with the premium option, I now track an average nightly Sp02 level and it also shows me the Estimated Oxygen Variation (low vs high) based on blood oxygen saturation. As I become more familiar with these levels it will not be necessary to wear it every night although I may be able to turn off the bluetooth at night and still collect the information... not sure, I will have to research further.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Sara wrote:I am wearing the FitBit Versa 2 which is unfortunately bluetooth connected but the information on oxygen levels is mind boggling. In addition to basic sleep information and with the premium option, I now track an average nightly Sp02 level and it also shows me the Estimated Oxygen Variation (low vs high) based on blood oxygen saturation. As I become more familiar with these levels it will not be necessary to wear it every night although I may be able to turn off the bluetooth at night and still collect the information... not sure, I will have to research further.
When I was using the Fitbit Alta HR I'm pretty sure I had it set to only connect to bluetooth when using the Fitbit app to see the data. It would connect then to update the data in the app, but not otherwise. You might write back to confirm this. It's been a long while.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.