Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
engineer
New User
New User

Re: Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Post by engineer »

A warning: the Dreem 2 is uncomfortable if you sleep on your side! I had one and had to send it back...I could NOT sleep adequately with it on. Hopefully their next version

Also, have a look at the Whoop tracker. Love the interface, the monthly cost is a bit of a pain, but it does give good data.

Finally, there's a tracker called Eversleep 2 (which is unfortunately Bluetooth, next model you'll be able to put into Airplane mode) that's like a WatchPAT or similar device, has a pulse oximeter on a cable that goes to your finger. Built to supplement sleep apnea treatment, it follows your sleep per night and classifies it.
msdorney
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msdorney »

engineer wrote:A warning: the Dreem 2 is uncomfortable if you sleep on your side! I had one and had to send it back...I could NOT sleep adequately with it on. Hopefully their next version

Also, have a look at the Whoop tracker. Love the interface, the monthly cost is a bit of a pain, but it does give good data.

Finally, there's a tracker called Eversleep 2 (which is unfortunately Bluetooth, next model you'll be able to put into Airplane mode) that's like a WatchPAT or similar device, has a pulse oximeter on a cable that goes to your finger. Built to supplement sleep apnea treatment, it follows your sleep per night and classifies it.
Welcome to the Apoe4.info community engineer! Your feedback on non-Bluetooth sleep trackers is most helpful.

In case you find it useful, I wanted to give you a few resources to help you get the most out of the site. The Welcome page is a great place to start to learn more about this website. You may also want to check out our Primer, which has many helpful topics. Stavia, the doctor who wrote the Primer, has an extensive section on optimizing sleep that you may fine useful, along with a wealth of other information. Also we have a How-To Guide that is very helpful in learning how to navigate and use this site.

Finally, I encourage you to share your story with the community by posting in the posting in the Our Stories Forum. It can be a great way to connect with other users with similar concerns. We look forward to hearing more from you as you continue on your journey.
Angelheart301
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Angelheart301 »

engineer wrote:A warning: the Dreem 2 is uncomfortable if you sleep on your side! I had one and had to send it back...I could NOT sleep adequately with it on. Hopefully their next version

I have recently started using an App for IPhone and Android called Sleep Tracker. It converts your phone microphone to a sonar device and seems to do a good job tracking sleep duration, time to fall asleep, light sleep, deep sleep, REM sleep, and wake time. It gives recommendations for improving sleep. You can download the app and use it for 7 nights for free, and then $4 a month.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sleepscore-us ... -sleep-is/
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

Yep, same here: I had to return the Dreem 2 because I typically sleep on my side or stomach. I also tend to keep my hands up near my head and the Dreem 2 just made sleeping uncomfortable and fitful.