Dr.s Sherzai and Perlmutter

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ACT
New User
New User

Dr.s Sherzai and Perlmutter

Post by ACT »

Hello, I'm new here.
Would love your opinions on The Alzheimers Solution by Drs Sherzai.
Also did anyone see Dr Perlmutters: Alzheimers: The science of prevention?
Would love to know your thoughts. Thank you
Sara Mushel, MS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr.s Sherzai and Perlmutter

Post by Sara Mushel, MS »

Hello, I'm new here.
Would love your opinions on The Alzheimers Solution by Drs Sherzai.
Also did anyone see Dr Perlmutters: Alzheimers: The science of prevention?
Would love to know your thoughts. Thank you
Hi ACT,

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you here. We'd love to hear more about you if you'd like to share! In the meantime, a great place to start are the Welcome, Primer, and Wiki pages. You can also do a search for threads on specific topics by clicking on the magnifying glass in the menu bar at the top of the page.

I'm not familiar with Dr. Sherzai's work, but that's a good topic to do a thread search for. However, I did catch a bit of Dr. Perlmutter's Alzheimer's Solution: The Science of Prevention series. Every few months there seems to be an updated version of something similar to this (i.e., Dr. Mark Hyman's Broken Brain series), and I'm always sure to set aside some time to check out episodes that interest me or an episode in which new research is covered. Series like Perlmutter's do an excellent job of laying out the growing evidence regarding how specific modifiable lifestyle factors are associated with increased risk of cognitive decline, and alternatively, what you can do about it to dramatically lower your risk. Did you get to watch the whole series? Anything that was particularly intriguing to you?

Again, welcome to the forum! Please feel free to reach out with any questions along the way.

Sara Mushel, MS
Last edited by Sara Mushel, MS on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr.s Sherzai and Perlmutter

Post by Plumster »

Yes, I am familiar with Dean and Aisha Sherzai and their book. I especially like the diagram in the book of foods that are preventive and those that are hazardous. They are not as specific about treatments as Dale Bredesen is in his book, The End of Alzheimers, and most of us know the Sherzai's recommendations already (eat plants, exercise, sleep, socialize, etc). I watched parts of Perlmutter's interviews and found them to be fairly general in nature, but preventive reminders are always a good thing!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR