Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Vikingman
Contributor
Contributor

Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations?

Post by Vikingman »

Does anyone have any good movies for someone that just found out about APOE e4/e4 last week. Documentaries etc.
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations?

Post by DaleBru »

FAT: A Documentary (2019) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8439204/

Recent documentatary that went to the top of the charts in about four days. Eating correctly is our best hope, and you'll want to go with actual science instead of bad advice from doctors and other so-called experts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cascain
New User
New User

Post by Cascain »

We just finished a series of documentaries from "Alzheimer's - The Science of Prevention" hosted by Dr. Permutter. It was pretty good! I'd already seen a very similar one from last year.

These are sent out daily, and expire in 24 hours so can be tricky to catch them all. But very informative!
broiler_x
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by broiler_x »

I'm not aware of any movies/documentaries on Amazon or Netflix specifically about Alzheimer's. But a good food documentary on Netflix is The Magic Pill. It doesn't really talk about AD, but it does address other mental deficiencies, and "brain fog" and how they have been treated through diet. I think it was really well done. And yeah, I saw FAT: A Documentary as mentioned above and it is good too, although it is not free (you can rent or buy it on Amazon).
Lisa G
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lisa G »

Cascain wrote:We just finished a series of documentaries from "Alzheimer's - The Science of Prevention" hosted by Dr. Permutter. It was pretty good!
Hello Cascain and welcome to the APOE4 forum. I, too, watched some of "The Science of Prevention" (as you say, it can be tricky as the episodes come and go in 24 hours!) There have been quite a few "AD prevention" webinars in the past two years. That's great in terms of getting the word out that lifestyle choices can make a difference in how and when (if at all!) one may present with cognitive impairment.
In case you haven't bopped around the site too much, I wanted to direct you to some resources that are helpful. The primer is a great place to start as it is written by a physician in laymen's terms. There is also a"How-To" Guide that makes your journey around the site much more efficient. You may be interested in checking out the "Our Stories" forum to share your own story and learn about fellow members -- these posts may sound like some of the people interviewed on all these AD prevention webinars! Finally, I've found the search function to be an awesome way to research questions you may have as most likely, someone has asked the question before and there are several threads of information regarding that topic.
Again, welcome to the community and please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, comments or additional recommendations!
Lisa H. Gerardi, MA
National Board Certified - Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Integrative Nutrition Certified Coach
Vikingman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vikingman »

Excellent! I am looking forward to watching. Thank you.