High Calcium Score

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: High Calcium Score

Post by TheBrain »

PRESCOTT wrote:IF one can maintain the same CT Scan score year after year, cardiac event risk drops dramatically. Dr. Blanchet covers this topic extensively. I would be happy to mail you copies of the CDs, produced by Lindsay Woods, I spoke with her, she is happy to have me copy the CDs and share them. Please feel free to contact me.

It’s not about maintaining the same coronary calcium score year after year. It’s about keeping the increase in the score year after year to less than 15%. I had a second EBCT this year at the clinic in Boulder where Dr. Blanchet and Lindsay Woods work (and where I had my first scan done). Afterward, I consulted with Lindsay. She said my annualized coronary calcium score was at 11% increase per year. This means my coronary artery disease is stable.

Of course, I’d rather have reversal of coronary calcium, and Lindsay said that continuing to address my mold toxicity and following their protocol is likely to do that. She suggested I get another scan done one year after my second one. She gave me the address of a clinic in Atlanta that also uses an EBCT scanner. That’s still a haul from where I live and will require an overnight stay, but I have family in the area.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

Thank you for the correction, I wrote my slightly confused post late, after a too long day! I am attempting everything I can to keep my future calcium scores in that safe range. I am so grateful for the thorough information available through Dr. Blanchet and Lindsay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

PRESCOTT wrote:Thank you for the correction, I wrote my slightly confused post late, after a too long day! I am attempting everything I can to keep my future calcium scores in that safe range. I am so grateful for the thorough information available through Dr. Blanchet and Lindsay.
Dr. Blanchet and Lindsay are great resources and great people, aren’t they? Best of luck keeping your future calcium scores within that safe range.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Lindsay and Dr. Blanchet are amazing, very good people.

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Keeping your calcium volume score increase to <15%/year is based on the Raggi paper which is linked in this post.. Turns out that everybody in Raggi got a statin, too. The full paper is linked here.

Look at the inserted graphs from the paper:

I concur that Lindsay & Dr. Blanchett are great resources as is Ivor Cummins' site. And his Fat Emperor site. In a number of his podcast interviews, he's trying to tease out reversal.

Lindsay gave me permission to post Blanchett's CD content, which is linked here.
Tincup
E3,E4
pharmacydoc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pharmacydoc »

Hi Prescott,

Thanks for the offer of the CD series. I am very interested. I've been so focused on Alzheimer's prevention the past couple of years that I haven't paid attention to DVD prevention. I thought I was in good shape because my labs were good. Do you need my address, or is this a downloadable series?
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

pharmacydoc wrote:Hi Prescott,

Thanks for the offer of the CD series. I am very interested. I've been so focused on Alzheimer's prevention the past couple of years that I haven't paid attention to DVD prevention. I thought I was in good shape because my labs were good. Do you need my address, or is this a downloadable series?
It is linked in my post above
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

pharmacydoc wrote:Hi Prescott,

It is linked to download in my post above.
Tincup
E3,E4
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

Yes, Tincup appears to have linked the various audio CDs by Dr. Banchet as well as the Ivan Cumins podcast mentioned, including the film regarding the history of the CT calcium scan. All very worthwhile and informative for me.