How to Get Diagnosed With EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) | 2017 EDS Criteria

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

How to Get Diagnosed With EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) | 2017 EDS Criteria

Post by TheBrain »

A few people on this forum have asked me if I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS). I have asked what it is and then said “no.” But after being treated for small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and finding out that one of the underlying causes is EDS, I thought I’d look into it more.

I found an instructive video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6p59HIZ0U

The young woman in the video describes her video as follows: “Here is me explaining the new diagnostic criteria as of 2017 for Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. In 2017, the Ehlers-Danlos Society released new criteria to better specify and ensure no one without EDS gets a diagnosis.“

On this page, if you click SHOW MORE, you’ll find her long list of resources for people with EDS.

I have again concluded I don’t have EDS. My heart goes out to those who do.

Of course, it’s always best to confirm such a diagnosis with your healthcare practitioner, but most of them apparently don’t know how to test a patient for it. So you’d need to find someone who specializes in this condition.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!