Supplements I take and why

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Supplements I take and why

Post by JD2020 »

I think the capsules are causing stomach pain. I am breaking open many capsules and drinking the powder. I am learning what tastes gross, what stains the fingernails, and leaving those in pill form. My tummy feels better. There are so many pills to take...Has anyone else experienced stomach pain from the capsules?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

JD2020 wrote:I think the capsules are causing stomach pain. I am breaking open many capsules and drinking the powder. I am learning what tastes gross, what stains the fingernails, and leaving those in pill form. My tummy feels better. There are so many pills to take...Has anyone else experienced stomach pain from the capsules?
Hi JD2020,

I admire your ability to experiment with what stains your fingernails and tastes gross! And it sounds like your experiments are helping your stomach pain. I did a quick search using the term "stomach pain" using the magnifying glass in the upper right hand of this page, by your user name, and didn't see anything relevant to your question. We did have a suggestion to one user to try taking supplements after, not before or during a meal. Is that something that you've found to help? I also think some users have looked carefully at what their taking, and at their diet, to see if there are areas where they don't need to supplement as much so can reduce the number of pills.

If this continues to be an issue, feel free to post a new topic with your specific question in the title. (ex. "Stomach pain from supplement capsules") Here's a link to your wiki guide on Posting a New Topic.

Here's hoping your tummy stays happy!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

JD2020 wrote:I think the capsules are causing stomach pain...Has anyone else experienced stomach pain from the capsules?
I started having issues with my acid reflux. For a while I couldn't pinpoint what it was, finally realized it was tied to my supplements. I changed the way I took them, eat a bite or two, take a pill. And, I moved as many as possible to powder form, add to a smoothie or one of my drinks.

I was diagnosed with acid reflux years and years ago, told would be Prilosec or similar for the rest of my life. Did it for a while then when the info started trickling in I tried to get off them...did all the standard things... There was a rebound effect and, as they'd scared me to death about esophageal cancer, I went back on them. Finally I managed to get off the drugs, not had a problem for years so the reoccurrence concerned me. Happy I figured out the cause and a fix.