Sad NY Times story about a family dealing with AD and end-of-life care

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Sad NY Times story about a family dealing with AD and end-of-life care

Post by Fiver »

This is a very sad story, absolutely no fun to read though it is beautifully written. I hesitated to share. But it makes a strong case for changes to our healthcare system and end-of-life policies. I'm glad the story was told.

Sweethearts Forever. Then Came Alzheimer’s, Murder and Suicide.
“They were absolutely soul mates.”

By Corina Knoll

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/nyre ... e=Homepage
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Sad NY Times story about a family dealing with AD and end-of-life care

Post by circular »

Fiver wrote:This is a very sad story, absolutely no fun to read though it is beautifully written. I hesitated to share. But it makes a strong case for changes to our healthcare system and end-of-life policies. I'm glad the story was told.

By Corina Knoll

Wow, yes, beautifully written. I think we may see much more of this type of ending as boomers continue to age.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sad NY Times story about a family dealing with AD and end-of-life care

Post by Jmac »

Fiver wrote:This is a very sad story, absolutely no fun to read though it is beautifully written. I hesitated to share. But it makes a strong case for changes to our healthcare system and end-of-life policies. I'm glad the story was told.

By Corina Knoll

That was such a well-written, sad story. I am watching my parents walk a similar path...but know that will not be their ending as both are strong in their faith (with the caveat that you can't know what might change if depression kicks into the mix). We, the children, have all assured my dad that mom will never go into "The Place". Not sure where their journey will end --- Mom is doing the Bredesen Protocol to some degree (we're "winging it" alone using the book, on-line data and info on here, etc.) & has had some improvement. We'll see where life takes us all...

Thank you for sharing the story.

And...we definitely need changes in our healthcare system and end-of-life policies. Due to something else going on in our family I am going to be joining the fight to change end-of-life policies. It is torturous, cruel, horrific what we put people through when there is absolutely no hope.