Carbs for a thin sporty 4/4 with low blood sugar

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
leolouo
Contributor
Contributor

Carbs for a thin sporty 4/4 with low blood sugar

Post by leolouo »

Just a quick question about 4/4 requirements for food.

Since im a tall and thin man, (152 lb for 6 foot ), the kind with high trygliceride and low blood sugar, my neurologist told me i have the opposite of Diabetes, i've been questioning to take out carbs of my diet and wanted advice.
I have some difficulty to gain weight. I do sport (swimming pool and yoga). I would love to take out carbs completely to see if it regulates my digestive problemes ( lot of constipation and IBS, prolly due to some kind of fungus or i dont know what ), but only eating meat and vegetables made me lose even more weight and im not even sure it boosts my energy. I take probiotics and supplements but dont know what to do here, feels like both choices I have are wrong.
Since i already have lots of symptoms (small tremors, twitching, brain fog) it really feel like I should seek and adequate way to do it tho.

Anyway, the carb that i would love to keep eating is Rice, i dont feel its necessarily bad
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Carbs for a thin sporty 4/4 with low blood sugar

Post by slacker »

leolouo wrote:Just a quick question about 4/4 requirements for food.

Since im a tall and thin man, (152 lb for 6 foot ), the kind with high trygliceride and low blood sugar, my neurologist told me i have the opposite of Diabetes, i've been questioning to take out carbs of my diet and wanted advice.
I have some difficulty to gain weight. I do sport (swimming pool and yoga). I would love to take out carbs completely to see if it regulates my digestive problemes ( lot of constipation and IBS, prolly due to some kind of fungus or i dont know what ), but only eating meat and vegetables made me lose even more weight and im not even sure it boosts my energy. I take probiotics and supplements but dont know what to do here, feels like both choices I have are wrong.

Anyway, the carb that i would love to keep eating is Rice, i dont feel its necessarily bad
There is no one perfect diet for 4/4s. I am also a thin person who has trouble maintaining weight without starchy carbs. My energy level and concentration tank when I lose weight. I do eat basmati, red, and black rice, but try to eliminate refined processed starches (bread, pasta, crackers) and sugars (cookies, cake, candy). Increasing fats (salmon, nuts, olive and avocado oil) has helped minimize need for snacking between meals. I don't tough it out if I get hungry, since it wipes me out the rest of the day. One size does not fit all.

The constipation/IBS is an additional dilemma and certainly could complicate your desire to gain weight. It can be difficult to find the root cause. What have you already tried to help with this?

High triglycerides often indicate insulin resistance (IR). Here's the part of the Primer that discusses this topic.
Slacker
E4/E4
leolouo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Carbs for a thin sporty 4/4 with low blood sugar

Post by leolouo »

I've had a short colonoscopy...
With nothing but Soft hemmorhoids
I self médicale with probiotics, it helps HUGELY, tho i know and feel it doesnt solve the cause