10-ingredients that could cause Alzheimer’s

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: 10-ingredients that could cause Alzheimer’s

Post by circular »

Aluminum cans in the food industry are typically (sometimes?) coated where they contact food with something that prevents aluminum contamination, but who knows what’s in the coating. I eat the sardines from Wild Planet and don’t worry too much about that.

I’ve really been enjoying non-GMO, unpasteurized miso soup almost nightly and just hoping it’s good for me. I add wakami seaweed, green onion, daikon radish and 1/4 cup aduki beans (Eden brand is pressure cooked). Put all this in a bowl and add some not boiling water and it takes care of itself while putting together the rest of the meal.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: 10-ingredients that could cause Alzheimer’s

Post by laurie »

Julie G wrote: I can't help but think of Japan, where seniors have long healthspans and among the highest longevity in the world and they eat a lot of soy products. Granted, in their country, they're non-GMO, very minimally processed, and more often fermented (tempeh, miso, natto) and therefore lower in anti-nutrients. Additionally, Japanese soil has some of the lowest levels of aluminum leading me to wonder if Japanese soy is just overall safer. :?
Julie, You mention Japan and their long health span. The reason for their longevity in Okinawa Japan is their drinking water is rich in silica. Okinawa has been identified as a Blue Zone. In fact all the Blue Zones that have been identified also have drinking water that is rich in silica. My husband Dennis N Crouse has published a book Silica Water the Secret of Healthy Blue Zone Longevity in the Aluminum Age that presents this information and the health benefits of drinking silica rich water. Here is the introduction to the book. For others who are interested there is a blog on blogger and a facebook page (the title of the book).

"Introduction

This book is about silica water containing an overlooked miracle molecule that protects our life and maintains our health. It is in our bodies even before birth but during our life it ebbs and flows and needs supplementation to be steadily maintained. This superstar of a molecule is called orthosilicic acid (OSA). For most organisms, including humans, it is essential for life72. In fact, it is said that OSA is the most important molecule for life on earth. OSA is a miracle molecule because it protects plants, animals, and even humans from toxic forms of aluminum.

We are fortunate on earth to have oxygen and silicon as the two most abundant elements in the earth’s crust. Over millions of years silicon has become oxidized by oxygen to a variety of silicon oxides that have in turn formed into a variety of silicon containing minerals as described in Chapter 1. One of these silicon oxides is OSA, a water soluble oxide of silicon. As life evolved on earth so did unique ways to use OSA for protection from aluminum, the third most common element in the earth’s crust. The mechanisms by which plants and animals, including humans, use OSA as protection from aluminum toxicity are described in Chapter 2.
Aluminum has become more bioavailable since the dawn of the Aluminum Age in the 1880’s when a process to purify aluminum from bauxite was developed. This has opened a Pandora’s Box of aluminum compounds and products that have exponentially increased over the last 120 years and are now in our drinking water, food, kitchen-ware, drugs, vaccines, and even the air we inhale. These products, listed in Appendix II and III, increase both our aluminum ingestion and aluminum accumulation in our bodies. It is chronic aluminum accumulation that is involved in the etiology of a variety of diseases that shorten our lives including: Alzheimer’s disease, atherosclerosis (i.e. heart disease), autism, cancer, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, seizures, and osteoporosis as will be discussed in Chapter 5 of this book.

Writing this book has been a journey, as along the way I have met people who have changed the course of my thinking and writing. For instance at my local library’s author’s day I met the author, Martha R.A. Fields, who is originally from Okinawa, Japan. Martha told me that on Okinawa Island there is a high density of centenarians. In addition, demographers have studied Okinawans and found lower than normal rates of Alzheimer’s, atherosclerosis, and cancer. They have also found that Okinawans have a higher probability than normal of living to 90 and beyond. These facts changed my thinking as Okinawans provide a longitudinal study of what factors are important for avoiding terminal diseases and living a long life.

Drug companies are currently spending millions of dollars on multi-year studies looking for preventatives and cures for Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and cancer. What if there are already published studies on populations of 90 to 100 year olds whose longevity is due to abnormally low rates of Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and cancer? If these studies exist they would be equivalent to having century long longitudinal studies just waiting for people to find what they have in common that prevented and possibly cured these diseases.
Amazingly, in addition to Okinawa there are four other small geographic zones on the earth that have been identified as having populations with higher survival rates of reaching 90+ years of age than surrounding areas2. These zones are called “Blue Zones”. The environment and lifestyle of these zones can potentially teach valuable lessons that may allow us to achieve healthy longevity by preventing and possibly healing diseases that can shorten our lives, such as Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, cancer, seizures, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.

Could it be that all five blue zones have in common substrata rich in silicate minerals? If so underground fresh water in contact with this substrata could bubble to the surface as OSA rich drinking water. Chapter 3 of this book discloses the secret of health Blue Zone longevity - how and why drinking silica rich water results in healthy longevity.

By just having silica water (e.g. Fiji water) delivered to their door and eliminating common sources of aluminum from their diet, my parents made their home in Iowa a micro-Blue Zone. Due to their resiliency adapting to changing lifestyles, my mother has regained her short term memory and stopped the progression of her Alzheimer’s disease. At 95 and 92 years of age my father and mother exemplify what others could do to improve their individual longevity. "
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse