If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

Celery Seed decreases tau phosphorylation within brain cells

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Rosemary
Contributor
Contributor

Celery Seed decreases tau phosphorylation within brain cells

Postby Rosemary » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:25 am

I haven't posted in quite a long time. However, I continue to follow the discussions here.

I recently came across an article about celery seed extract L-3-n-butylphthalide reduces tau phosphorylation and improves cognitive deficits in AβPP/PS1-Alzheimer's transgenic mice.

"In mice the expressions of cyclin-dependent kinase and glycogen synthase kinase 3β, the most important
kinases involved in tau phosphorylation, were markedly decreased by L-NBP treatment. "

Very interesting stuff. My husband has the gout, and I've been preparing celery seed power in capsule form to help control his condition. I just started taking it myself. I also drink celery juice 4 to 5 times each week. I'm always searching for natural ways to treat my various health issues (osteoporosis, headaches, & some brain fog). What helps me the most are herbal infusions/remedies, meditation, and yoga. Is anyone doing celery seed or juice treatments?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22233765
https://plantmedicines.org/celery-seed- ... lzheimers/

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Celery Seed decreases tau phosphorylation within brain cells

Postby circular » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Rosemary wrote:I haven't posted in quite a long time. However, I continue to follow the discussions here.

I recently came across an article about celery seed extract L-3-n-butylphthalide reduces tau phosphorylation and improves cognitive deficits in AβPP/PS1-Alzheimer's transgenic mice.

"In mice the expressions of cyclin-dependent kinase and glycogen synthase kinase 3β, the most important
kinases involved in tau phosphorylation, were markedly decreased by L-NBP treatment. "

Very interesting stuff. My husband has the gout, and I've been preparing celery seed power in capsule form to help control his condition. I just started taking it myself. I also drink celery juice 4 to 5 times each week. I'm always searching for natural ways to treat my various health issues (osteoporosis, headaches, & some brain fog). What helps me the most are herbal infusions/remedies, meditation, and yoga. Is anyone doing celery seed or juice treatments?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22233765
https://plantmedicines.org/celery-seed- ... lzheimers/

Thanks Rosemary! Very interesting. I'm trying to get as much as I can that I need through food. I happen to add celery seed to my regular batches of coleslaw, so I'm glad to read that it could be beneficial. Maybe in the smaller amounts it can exert a benefit over the long term. The jar suggests adding it to: beef, soups, stews, sauces, casseroles and oil and vinegar salad dressing (1/2 tsp per cup for the dressing). I'm going to try the dressing since it would fit nicely into my daily routines.

I like this further context in the abstract:
L-3-n-butylphthalide (L-NBP), an extract from seeds of Apium graveolens Linn (Chinese celery), has been shown to have neuroprotective effects on cerebral ischemic, vascular dementia and amyloid-β (Aβ)-induced animal models by inhibiting oxidative injury, neuronal apoptosis and glial activation, regulating amyloid-β protein precursor (AβPP) processing and reducing Aβ generation... L-NBP shows promising candidate of multi-target neuronal protective agent for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”